Anyone know...

88onbottle

Sep 24, 2006
I just put a strim on my 92 mustang ran it down the road and noticed smoke coming from under hood so checked it out and oil is coming out of the throttle body alot of oil does anyone no what might be causing this.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you connect the vacumm port on the throttle body to the valve cover like factory? If so you are pressureizing the crank case and effectively pushing oil out where ever it can. You need to cap the throttle body port off, and vent the crank case.

oil

No I had the pcv valve running to the port on the throttle body if I vent the valve cover with a filter where do I need to run the pcv valve hose to im running a holly system max upper and lower intake and a vortech strim at 12 pounds of boost.

You should run the pcv to the bottom of the upper intake, Make sure it is working proplerly though. It could be bad and allowing boost to pass, check it by trying to blow through it, it should only let pressure out of you motor and not it.

oil

No place to hook the pcv valve to the bottom of the upper intake it has 3 ports on it 2 for half in hoses and one small one has both are right behind throttle body.

On the systemax, you run the PVC valve to a port right behind the EGR spacer. On the backside of the intake. Throttle body line should be capped off at the throttle body, and ran from the intake duct before the supercharger to the filler neck.