anyone play cornhole/bags/baggo etc??

Demented4.6

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
DAYTON, OHIO
Well for those of you who know what the hell im talking about, here are my boards i made

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not a fan because i have the misfortune of living in an apartment and my redneck neighbors are always playing RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DAMN FRONT DOOR and it irritates the life out of me.

What ever happened to horseshoes?

BAGS! Haha, welcome to the life of a college kid. Well out here in the midwest, at least.

Those boxes are AWESOME. I'm getting ready to make another set for myself. I was actually going to do something very similar. Making them is kind of addictive, right?Looks great!

BAGS! Haha, welcome to the life of a college kid. Well out here in the midwest, at least.

Those boxes are AWESOME. I'm getting ready to make another set for myself. I was actually going to do something very similar. Making them is kind of addictive, right?Looks great!

Again, every time I've tried to play "cornhole" with a chick, ESPECIALLY when it involves "bags," I get physically assaulted ... although Frankenstang seems to tolerate it, thus far. :D

Either way, that's a mighty nice cornhole collection you got there, son. :nice: (Did I actually just type that? :scratch: )

Hey, i play it in CT, dont go thinking you midwesterners are on the cusp of cool, haha.

Nice boards though, mine will have miller lite and miller high life logos on them soon, kinda the unofficial ambassador of miller in the central CT area. Owning a van with 4 taps built into it by Miller Brewing company in the early 80s definitely affirms that reputation, lol.

So explain the basic premis to us morons. Do you need two boards or do you just use one? How far back do you stand? How do points work etc..

IIRC, you need to be 30' away, two boards needed, two teams of two, each team has one player at a board.

1 point for getting on the board, 3 points for bouncing in the hole, 5 points for a direct shot to the hole, and lets say you get a bag on the board for one point, and your opponent gets one on as well, its a net gain of 0 points. ie, one on your team, direct shot for the opponent, net gain 4 points for the opponent.

4 bags per turn, thrown alternating one team to the next.

great game for backyard cookouts, tailgating, etc. Anywhere beer drinking is taking place really.

IIRC, you need to be 30' away, two boards needed, two teams of two, each team has one player at a board.

1 point for getting on the board, 3 points for bouncing in the hole, 5 points for a direct shot to the hole, and lets say you get a bag on the board for one point, and your opponent gets one on as well, its a net gain of 0 points. ie, one on your team, direct shot for the opponent, net gain 4 points for the opponent.

4 bags per turn, thrown alternating one team to the next.

great game for backyard cookouts, tailgating, etc. Anywhere beer drinking is taking place really.

Huh, I've never played that 5-point rule, just the 3 points no matter how the bag gets in. That would make things more interesting, I guess. We play you get to sign the board if you put all 4 in the hole on one round, and people get pretty intense, especially if its not their boards!

For anybody who is curious, just Google "corn hole"; you'll get all sorts of hits.

Demented5oh said:
I guess its mostly an Ohio thing. Basicly its like horseshoes but you throw a corn filled bag onto the board. Its rather addicting and easily played with a beer in one hand .

+1

You did an excellent job on those boards! They look sweet.

My Grandpa made some up north and we now have them down here. We used to play all the time. He was actually the Bean Bag Champion at their vacation spot in Texas. He would always say how we would woop all those old geyzers butts....he was old too, just in better shape. He has now passed.

RIP Grandpa!