anyone running spintech mufflers

fastgtfairlane

Apr 7, 2006
im gonna be changing my complete exhaust system sometime soon. im planning on longtubes and a dr gas x pipe. but im still deciding between spintechs, bassani and a few others. i have flowmasters now cause they were on the car when i bought it. post some soundclips or videos of your exhaust setup if you have it. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i've had all three that you mentioned...the bassani's with the x-pipe sound the best, i have bbk longtubes also and the car has a VERY nice tone to it, the spintech pro streets which is what i had would be a close second but nothing compared to the sound of my 331 with longtubes a catted x pipe and the bassani's.

nothing sounds better than the dr gas with spintech or basannis. rio95, man your car is sick. i love the turbo. i have the video of your car with the disturbed song downloaded on my computer.

im gonna be changing my complete exhaust system sometime soon. im planning on longtubes and a dr gas x pipe. but im still deciding between spintechs, bassani and a few others. i have flowmasters now cause they were on the car when i bought it. post some soundclips or videos of your exhaust setup if you have it. thanks

If you want tailpipes, than get bassani's for sure. I got the bx kit for $450. When I first got it, I almost **** myself. The quality of everything especially the polish on the tailpipes was awesome. Plus they are perfect size (3") and stainless.

You know whats funny? My buddy is selling his spintechs and I am possibly selling my bx kit as well. You don't live in michigan do you?

If you want tailpipes, than get bassani's for sure. I got the bx kit for $450. When I first got it, I almost **** myself. The quality of everything especially the polish on the tailpipes was awesome. Plus they are perfect size (3") and stainless.

You know whats funny? My buddy is selling his spintechs and I am possibly selling my bx kit as well. You don't live in michigan do you?

how much does he want for his spintechs? i could be interested. unfortunately i dont live in mi. my g/f used to live in new baltimore off 23 mile.

on my 95 i have mac shorties, full 2 1/2 inch , catless x pipe, spintech prostreets and tail pipes. i love it. my motor is stock and with the prostreets my car -almost- sounds cammed. pretty sweet. loud idle, smooth tone but raspier with acceleration. and for the money (about $150 shipped pair), you cant hardly beat it (imo). very good flowing muffler to boot.

i have heard bassani on a 331 all motor car and it sounded sick. but something to think about, spintechs can be had for much cheaper than buying a new bassani system. course, bassani i hear makes quality stuff too.

one thing to keep in mind if you go with spintech. they are quite a bit narrower than a flow master, so if you run tail pipes the mufflers they will have to be welded in at a angle so the tail pipes line up correctly. any known good muffler shop -should- be able to do this.

i have some footage recorded. maybe i can convert it and post it

My car is the car in the spintech clips rio95 posted. When I had that setup I had many people tell me it was the best sounding Mustang they had ever heard. Idk, I loved it. Good luck with your decision.

And also tons of people saying it was the worst mustang they ever heard, including almost all of our friends. Even the ones that liked it said it sounded like crap from the outside.

Who cares now, b/c all you'll hear is TURBO!!!!!!!

And also tons of people saying it was the worst mustang they ever heard, including almost all of our friends. Even the ones that liked it said it sounded like crap from the outside.

if they think your car sounds like crap, then they dont know their a** from their elbow. i personally like that exhaust cause it sounds different than any thing else you will hear go up the street.

Matt roon and nick both had said how amazing it was from the outside. The other people such as Trance like the sound of trucks so that explains alot too.

Yeah it definitely sounded great outside and it. Very unique.

i have the bbk longtubes and h pipe with spintechs.... half the time i like it and half the time i don't. i can't decide.... it hard for me to come from running longtubes and h dumped before, LOVE TO HEAR IT PURR no mufflers like that!

have you heard the spintechs through a dr gas x pipe? if not, it produces a sound like no other. its very very distinct. to me its like ear candy. the dr gas x pipe is half of contributing the unique sound from the placement of the x crossover. its closer to the headers than others.