anyone seen one of these / know how to hook it up

Teen'93stang5.0

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
winning
ok, my shop gave this to me since they have a bunch and no instructions on them, so i decided to see what i can do with it,

im pretty sure ill need a tach adapter for it, but other than that it seems like an ordinary tach wiring,

but anyway, anyone ever seen one?
attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

its not stolem, i spread the wires apart to play with them...........

my shop has a bunch of these things, laying on a shelf getting dusty, and i offered to play with one if they gave me a discount on labor when i get it to work....

heres a question maybe you guys can really answer :)P) is it possible to connect a tach w/o the tach adapters? ive heard you can take the neg. coil wire and go to the wire for the factory dash......maybe where it comes off the ECU or whatever

smokin'Red35th said:
Looks like a part for your car. Judging from the wires, it probly goes somewhere in your electrical system.

Hope this helps :nice:

I was JK about being stolen (well, sorta)
I trust you're just kidding, right?
If not, please run away from Modular 4.6L Tech Forums...please, please, please!!! :D

Yes you can hook a tach up to your 96 gt without a tach adapter :) I didnt' see that anyone answered your question. I'll run down to my car and look up what color the wire is that you need to tap into. I have no clue what that thing is though.

Andy

If you're still running the 96 GT ecu. The wire you need to tap into for your tach

1. Goto passenger side of car
2. Pull up door sill
3. Reach under and pull the kick panel off
4. When you look under there you will see 3 harnesses
5. The left grey harness is what you want
6. It has an orange wire with a white stripe on it
7. Tape into that wire and connect your green tach wire to it
8. Have fun wiring the rest of the tach in - illum was hard for me to find

Hope this helps man!

I hooked up all my wires for my tach from underneath the guage cluster (power wire, illumination, ignition signal, and ground) I found it easier this way instead of going to the actual ECU. All the wire hook-ups go to one place. What you can do is look at the back of the cluster and find abbreviations of what each wire goes to. There are two wire plugs that hook up to the guage cluster. You want to splice into the plug that is on the passenger side. Power, signal, and illumination are located on this plug. The ground can be found underneath the dash. Hope this helps.