Anyone seen this?

• Sponsors (?)

No, but I may have to get this one or at least call them and compare. I am still struggling between the FM American thunder axle-back and the MagnaFlow cat-back (2 totally different things, I know). BUT, someone did say (shanedog, I think) if you could find an off-road X-pipe that would be the way to go.

ZenGirl35 said:
PS - how do you like the Shaker 1K system? I am having it installed on my baby, but I've heard many people complain about the Shaker 500.

From what I understand, the shaker 1k people are having the same problems as us 500 people. The thing sounds just fine, it just likes to skip, fast-forward, and eject your cd's a lot.

ZenGirl35 said:
Oh great. And to think I paid $1100 for that and could have installed something else installed after-market :-(

I'm hoping that Ford (I'm sure they're aware of the issue) is working on a fix for it. I'm sure if yours has problems, you'll be able to get a working one eventually. It's a pain I know, but I guess that's what we get for getting these cars when they first come out. And like I said, they do sound good.

PS - Sorry to get off topic :p

ZenGirl35 said:
No, but I may have to get this one or at least call them and compare. I am still struggling between the FM American thunder axle-back and the MagnaFlow cat-back (2 totally different things, I know). BUT, someone did say (shanedog, I think) if you could find an off-road X-pipe that would be the way to go.

:nice: thats right. IMHO you will get more power out of an off-road X pipe than any exhaust can give you, plus it will add a more aggressive tone to your exhaust. As long as its 2.5", has an 02 bung, and manderal bends it should be just fine. Its kind of like a pulley, there is no reason to pay $250 for a set if the $150 set is the same size, material, etc.

ShadowBok said:
I'm hoping that Ford (I'm sure they're aware of the issue) is working on a fix for it. I'm sure if yours has problems, you'll be able to get a working one eventually. It's a pain I know, but I guess that's what we get for getting these cars when they first come out. And like I said, they do sound good.

PS - Sorry to get off topic :p

They already have a fix. The new cars are already coming out with the new radio (ver. B) If you are unlucky enough to have gotten the ver.A then you can take it to your dealer and have it replace (there is a TSB out for it) when you get your radio hold down the menu button until it runs a self test and at the end will be a number if it ends in a B your fine and shouldn't have any problems if its an A then it's dealer time

ZenGirl35 said:
See - we girls DO listen! Thanks for keeping me straight, shanedog! I think I'm definitely going for the off-road X-pipe!

:D

But... correct me if I am wrong... the "Off Road" pipe is just for Off Roading vehicles since with the cats removed it is not emissions compliant? May want to check on it before the purchase.