Anyone use 'Summit universal fixed seat brackets' when installing race seats?

i'm pretty sure i want to get the summit race seats... they seem to be the best bang for the buck seat within my price range. but now i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to mount them inside my stang. i'm looking at these Summit universal fixed seat brackets but i'm not sure if they will work. i'm thinking i may have problems with my floor board being uneven... so i was wondering if anyone on here has used they brackets themselves? how did you get them to work if you did? and/or does anyone have any other ideas. thanks for the input and help, peace beast :)

• Sponsors (?)

If you ever have anyone riding in the back seat you will regret the fixed brackets.

I bought the sliding ones but they still give people trouble getting into the back seat.

Most seat brackets can be heated and bent to match the floor if you still want to use them I'm sure a hammer and some heat will help get them into place.

i'm sure they would do, but you could just modify the rails that are on your stock seats by mounting some cross beams to make a frame. of course, unless you plan on selling the seats. the rails simply unbolt from the bottom of the seats.

i did this with no problems at all. i even managed to mount the passenger seat on a couple of hinges so the back seat is accessable from that side.

Oh... i thought the fixed brackets were to connect to the slider on the bottom of the seat to floor board. but i guess these connectors are replacements for the slide brackets. so has anyone connected the summit seats to our stock brackets? pretty easy install with minor mods? any pictures or a write up would be very much appreciated. thanks agian :)

I used the summit fixed brackets at first in my old car, worked out pretty godd (didn't have a backseat, so I didn't care) I sold the car to a family member and am completely redoing it and putting in a backseat so he got the sliding brackets that DO attatch to the fixed brackets, a little tall though.

You got to love summit and jeg's brand stuff, privately labeled name brands are great :banana: .

I also modified (drilled holes in doesn't sound as good :)) 1988 5.0 brackets for a friends seats (also, summit). Worked out great, he still uses them over a year later.

before you buy summit seats check out this company that make the seats for summit http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/default.asp i bought a set and i am pleased with them a bit cheaper than buying from summit. all you have to do is take a piece of 1/8 think buy 2 in cteel you can buy at a hardware store cut it to what ever your measurments are from across your old seat brackets when bolted in place you will have to drill a new hole beacause the seats are a bit shorter than the brackets this is what lots of people have done works great and if you have a new stang 87 and up they use a dual locking mecinisim wich keeps you in nhra rules as well. good luck

i made this drawing up the other day. no, my brackets aren't actually these colors, it's just to show the layers of metal.
seat_rails.jpg

all of the bolt holes are roughly where i have mine at. i recommend using all six mounting points on the seats for strength. the black pieces are the origional seat rails. the blues are the cross sections to make the frame. and, i also put the red metal sections on because even with the seats back the whole way, they seemed to sit too far forward for my comfort. would be nice if i made them so the seat went back a little further yet. you'll need some type of spacers or washers because the bolts for the rear cross rail will interfere with the mounting of the seats. so, that's how i mounted them back farther on the rails, otherwise you could do without the red metal sections.

i bought some square tubular welding metal for the cross pieces that bolt onto the seat rails(blue pieces). i think it was 1/2", just big enough to fit the size bolts that i used to bolt to them to the rails. i also bought some thin flat metal (red pieces). it might have been 1/8" thick X 1 1/2" wide. strong enough to be sturdy. i can't remember what size all the bolts were, sorry. might have been 3/8" for the rails and 1/2" for the seats.

take the seats out and unbolt the rails from the bottom of the seats. i bolted the rails back onto the floorbards and measured the length needed to cut the metal cross rails. looking at my drawing, i think the rest is self explanitory. measure twice, cut once. same with the holes that you drill. you do have an angle grinder right? also, i think i ended up cutting a couple of inches off the front of the seat rails because they stuck out a little bit.