AOD went to DOA today @ 3:14

bart

May 16, 2003
tn
well the aod died today. found out that when you put a shift kit in a tranny on its last leg it just amplifies the problem. so im short of OD now. gonna go on and yank it out and rebuild. it was a stock trans with a hardened input shaft. thats all i know that ever got changed.

so is there anything else i should do while its out?

• Sponsors (?)

got the trans back today if you need some advice really good deals on eagle red clutch disks pm me i dont no how to build trannys but i could point you the right way now from a past experince

lentech valve body

people either say transgo shift kit or lentech valve body. i know the lentech offers manual only operation but is there any other reason to use it rather than the trans go?? in other words, whats the performance gain between the lentech and a transgo shift kit? does it do something else other than allow manual shifting and possibly a trans brake ( if it's that kind of valve body ) ??? it would seem if the shifts are as firm, and it reduces slippage, and you can manully shift a transgo aod manually anyway, other than a t brake or manual only shifting whats the advantage of the lentech?

ok well i guess getting rid of the tv cable would be worth it for some..........which brings up an interesting question.........if you always manually shifted an aod with no tv cable, would it still fry it???? just curious...

shttygtstang said:
got the trans back today if you need some advice really good deals on eagle red clutch disks pm me i dont no how to build trannys but i could point you the right way now from a past experince

You would be crazy to put red clutches in a street driven car. They won't last. You should use stock or if you're really into it, use blue's. Get a police sprague so it will hold more clutches, Go with the lentech valve body or at least a transgo shift kit, and you'll love your AOD.