Are rear clear corner reflectors legal in TX?

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
my mechanic said they werent legal, that they had to be red. :shrug: i tried doing a search on google, but got nothin. he says they have to be red. if anyone doesnt know what im talking about, look just under your gas cap, then on the other side of the car in the same spot. i got some white reflectors to replace the stock red ones.

• Sponsors (?)

reflectors dont have bulbs, taillights must be red when lit, but I dont think reflectors are regulated. They reflect, thats all they do, they dont signal and they dont brake so what does it matter what color as long as you can see the ass of the car?

All rear reflectors much be red.

All front reflectors must be amber.

Anything else is technically illegal. It's to identify the front and rear of a vehicle when parked at night or if someone is driving with the lights off.

Mustang5L5 said:
All rear reflectors much be red.

All front reflectors must be amber.

Anything else is technically illegal. It's to identify the front and rear of a vehicle when parked at night or if someone is driving with the lights off.

This man is correct. I really wouldn't worry that much about it, but it could get you some unwanted attention. I'm in law enforcement in the DFW area, so I've seen guys use things like this to "make contact" with someone. I don't know of anyone that would ding you for it in a mustang. Ricers are another story :owned: