Roush Are there any true fox saleen coupes?

Saleenjunky said:
I own one of the 88 Saleen Police Car coupes.It is white with grey interior and grey stripes.I wanted one since 1990 and almost ordered one but didn't.I finally got one in 2001.

Congrats.

I love those coupes. Your car was orginally one destined for Oregon. Nice!

• Sponsors (?)

marcus95 said:
Congrats.

I love those coupes. Your car was orginally one destined for Oregon. Nice!

You know your Saleen history for sure Marcus....I know 3 Saleen coupe owners back home (I am currently over seas on assignment) and they are all 88 models. Damerow Ford in Portland Oregon was the king of selling Saleens till a few yrs ago, when Randy Francis left Damerow.

I too have really come to like the Saleen coupes..someday my last garage spot will be occupied with one :D

saleenster said:
You know your Saleen history for sure Marcus....I know 3 Saleen coupe owners back home (I am currently over seas on assignment) and they are all 88 models. Damerow Ford in Portland Oregon was the king of selling Saleens till a few yrs ago, when Randy Francis left Damerow.

I too have really come to like the Saleen coupes..someday my last garage spot will be occupied with one :D

Thanks.

Do us proud. We are all praying for our troops to come home soon after business has been done. :nice:

Most of my knowledge is only by default as Saleen has always been in my backyard. I was 14 years old when Saleen built his first car. I started saving my money for my first then. Oh the dreaming I used to do while driving my Moms 1986 Mercury Sable station wagon in high school.
My best friend grew up in Portland. That dealer used to be Saleen heaven!

2000xp8 said:
Can one of you guys explain the saleen police coupe to me?

Due to a sly Ford/Saleen dealer manager in 1987-1988 at Damerow Ford in the Portland area was to provide a few SSV ( special service vehicles ), translation, the dreaded Highway Patrol 5.0 notchback to the Oregon Patrol. Well, that dealer was selling every Saleen they could get their hands on so that sly guy Dave duplicated an order of those SSV notches from Ford ( Ford thinking they were going to the Police ) , only available in white, with cloth interior for shipment to Saleen. All 14 they sold that year were white. Very cool.

marcus95 said:
Oh the dreaming I used to do while driving my Moms 1986 Mercury Sable station wagon in high school.

Funny you say that, I did the same driving MY MOM's 1986 Mercury Sable Wagon!

Mom's car was gray with the ASC sunroof, gray interior. Shortly after buying it it ended up with Flomaster exhaust, BBS 5 spoke wheels, and dark tinted windows- lol

Mike, stop it. Please. You are helping me date us as the old men we are.
My Mom's wagon was dark metallic blue with blue cloth interior. My best memories are not being able to drive an of my buddies around for one year after I got my license and no radio for six months. My parents were very strict.
I can't imagine what my Pop would have done if I modded it.