Are they Stock or GT40??

Blk93svtcobra

Dec 8, 2003
I just pulled the heads off my friends 92 coupe. The guy he bought it from said it had GT40 heads. I do not see any markings to say that it is. I think they are stock and he got ripped. How can I tell?? I found what I think is the part #, it is F3ZE AA. HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

If you are looking at the heads as if they were still on your car. Stang in front of the radiator and look at the front of the head. If they are GT40, you will see three lines in an angle inscribed in the head. The lines are about an inch long.

I have a set of GT40 heads I am selling for $100. They need new seals and to be looked over, no cracks. I also have 1.6 FMS roller rockers for $100

Blk93svtcobra said:
I just pulled the heads off my friends 92 coupe. The guy he bought it from said it had GT40 heads. I do not see any markings to say that it is. I think they are stock and he got ripped. How can I tell?? I found what I think is the part #, it is F3ZE AA. HELP!

F3ZE is a '93 Mustang part number....'93 was first year of GT-40 head on Cobra and Lightning

Stock Heads have an E7ZE (or EZTE i forget which) part number and was used til

88GTStreetRod said:
I have a set of GT40 heads I am selling for $100. They need new seals and to be looked over, no cracks. I also have 1.6 FMS roller rockers for $100

Are they GT40P's? Did you have them checked for cracks at a machine shop?

Speaking of the F3ZE AA part number, there is a guy on corral selling these heads as GT40's also... so it may very well be

I looked at the pictures better and they have the 3 ticks extending upward from the bottom inside(nearest the intake)