ARRRRRRRRGH!

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
After all, today is "Talk like a pirate day" ....

But I do have something to be pissed about ....

I was on my way to the grocery store when a friend of my wife came around the corner. Thinking that my wife was in the car, she stopped and started backing up. I started backing up too, but I my angle was such that I backed into the curb. It just so happened that the spot where I hit the curb was a drain that was protected with a pretty sharp metal edge.

Pop! Hissssssssssssss ............. Arrrrrrrggggh!

At least it was the caravan, not the mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Of course it's not. Bought a really nice brand new Dodge RAM pick up a few years back with the stock beautiful 20" 5-spoke wheels. Like 2 weeks later left rear went flat, could not be patched (side hole). Since 3 of the tires were brand new I had to get the same OEM 20" tire to match. Well $290 later (I shopped around too), 1 tire, man was I pissed. I know exactly how you feel.

As for the Pirate thing, I watched the movie "Dodge Ball" (Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn) Sunday and Steve the Pirate was great in it.

Seems like tire stores are off their rocker these days. I had a local Goodyear quote me four tires for the mustang, and they wanted $1K installed. I saw his book had two tires at $135, and two at $170. Since when does a shop need $390 labor to install four tires. I used to install tires, and could mount and balance four in about 20-30 minutes... I just turned around and walked out without saying a word, and Im not typically a rude person.

It's something to do with the price of rubber and petrochemical products. The Chinese are buying up all kinds of rubber now which is driving up the price of tires and roof shingles.

Kurt