Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

That's funny, reminds me of a story. My son was about 4 1/2 years old, and momma was teaching him to write his name. I had picked up an 84 GT and came home from work one day to find "Samuel" scribbled down the side of my car with a big permanent marker. When i brought him into the garage and asked him why, he said "Daddy, I wanted it to be our car together." I didn't have the heart to paddle him, and I ended up painting it orange. That was his favorite color at the time.
Jeez, that's one of those permanent memory things, huh?

• Sponsors (?)

@madmike1157

Can you remind me again what constitutes a build or progress thread?
Certainly,....This is the world according to Mike.

Progress- You, or your mechanic bolt junk together, and put it on your car.Or, you post pics of somebody else, or some other shop doing the technical/fabrication work.
Build- You post pics of progress as it evolves along, offering tips and advice as to how & what it took to do it. Most of the time, you are the one doing the work, with the few notable exceptions where the svc's of an expert were used. (i.e. machinist, body shop, tuner, etc, etc.)
And ....you care enough about it that you ask.

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg

Yeah. I need another fox.

Reactions: 2 users
In all honesty I couldn't build another Fox. 4th gen f body's outshine them in every way and are down enough in price that they in the same budget as a bolt on Fox. Say what you will but a bolt on ls will always outrun a bolt on 5.0 and you don't have a creaking rocking chair chassis to deal with.

In all honesty I couldn't build another Fox. 4th gen f body's outshine them in every way and are down enough in price that they in the same budget as a bolt on Fox. Say what you will but a bolt on ls will always outrun a bolt on 5.0 and you don't have a creaking rocking chair chassis to deal with.

Ok.. I've owned two 4th gen F cars. A Z28 and a Trans Am. I'll never own another. I'd consider a 3rd gen. Maybe a really nice IROC. Not another catfish though. Total f-ing pita to work on. Changing spark plugs is almost impossible. Have you ever worked on one of those damn things?!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok.. I've owned two 4th gen F cars. A Z28 and a Trans Am. I'll never own another. I'd consider a 3rd gen. Maybe a really nice IROC. Not another catfish though. Total f-ing pita to work on. Changing spark plugs is almost impossible. Have you ever worked on one of those damn things?!
Yup. Had a 99 z28. Had a fit the first time trying to get the #8 plug, but I found a fairly accessible way to finally reach it and get that bitch out. Headers/ exhaust was a pita but engine work, suspension, all felt easier to me than the Fox. But, I'm fairly tall and slender. Squeezing myself into a tiny space wasn't that big of a deal to me.

Yup. Had a 99 z28. Had a fit the first time trying to get the #8 plug, but I found a fairly accessible way to finally reach it and get that **** out. Headers/ exhaust was a pita but engine work, suspension, all felt easier to me than the Fox. But, I'm fairly tall and slender. Squeezing myself into a tiny space wasn't that big of a deal to me.

Yeah, I'm fairly tall and...not slender. And I put hooker super comps in my T/A..Like I said. Never again. It did handle great, but went nuts shoving paper and cardboard in all the cracks between panels trying to keep that pos from buzzing and rattling going down the road. It was a lot of fun but, not worth it to me. Let the fanboys have those cars.

Your son's car really came out nice. At least you have a shop to put your cars in.

Back in 2011 I had 5 cars. My daily was an '06 Altima SER. I also had my '93 LX, an '86 t-top GT similar to the one you posted missing the passenger side moulding, an '88 t-top GT that was a basket case and my '68 DeVille convertible.

It was too many cars for me just having a two car garage and a carport. So, I sold both t-top cars and traded my Altima in for my truck.

I would still love to own an '86 IROC blue with tan/gold trim but they are hard to find and a '70 non SS Chevelle. However '70 Chevelle prices have gone through the roof and it's hard to find a non SS clone anymore.