Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

• Sponsors (?)

Your son's car really came out nice. At least you have a shop to put your cars in.

Back in 2011 I had 5 cars. My daily was an '06 Altima SER. I also had my '93 LX, an '86 t-top GT similar to the one you posted missing the passenger side moulding, an '88 t-top GT that was a basket case and my '68 DeVille convertible.

It was too many cars for me just having a two car garage and a carport. So, I sold both t-top cars and traded my Altima in for my truck.

I would still love to own an '86 IROC blue with tan/gold trim but they are hard to find and a '70 non SS Chevelle. However '70 Chevelle prices have gone through the roof and it's hard to find a non SS clone anymore.

Thanks man.

I saw a nice iroc in town for sale cheap a few years ago and almost did it. At the time i was up to my armpits in green car, so i passed.

Reactions: 1 user
[QUOTE="Boosted92LX,

I saw a nice iroc in town for sale cheap a few years ago and almost did it. At the time i was up to my armpits in green car, so i passed.[/QUOTE]

My HS body shop teacher had 2 blue IROC's in a row. A couple of HS acquaintances got IROC's after graduating.

My first car I bought on my own was a '72 Camaro that was painted '86 IROC blue when I was going to school for my associates in auto collision repair, so those cars are something I still really like.

After getting smoked my so many foxbody 5.0's I figured if you can't beat em join em. lol

My HS body shop teacher had 2 blue IROC's in a row. A couple of HS acquaintances got IROC's after graduating.

My first car I bought on my own was a '72 Camaro that was painted '86 IROC blue when I was going to school for my associates in auto collision repair, so those cars are something I still really like.

After getting smoked my so many foxbody 5.0's I figured if you can't beat em join em. lol

A fellow i went to school with got one. His momma went out and bought it brand new in 1988. I kicked his ass so regularly and thoroughly with my 70 fastback that he pulled the stock engine out and dropped a 400 in it. A brand new car. Much to his dismay, i still handed it to him. 351w baby. Last time i saw him he was a counterman at a ford house.

[QUOTE="Boosted92LX,

I saw a nice iroc in town for sale cheap a few years ago and almost did it. At the time i was up to my armpits in green car, so i passed.

After getting smoked my so many foxbody 5.0's I figured if you can't beat em join em. lol[/QUOTE]

Joe, as much as I hate to say this, but if you had a 72 camaro that was getting beat by a 5.0 mustang, you definately had something wrong there. I mean, I absolutely detest a SBC, but that engine was way more in its hay day than any mustang would've been in the middle 80's

image.jpeg

Yeah. I need another fox.
A four eye!

A fellow i went to school with got one. His momma went out and bought it brand new in 1988. I kicked his ass so regularly and thoroughly with my 70 fastback that he pulled the stock engine out and dropped a 400 in it. A brand new car. Much to his dismay, i still handed it to him. 351w baby. Last time i saw him he was a counterman at a ford house.

Joe, as much as I hate to say this, but if you had a 72 camaro that was getting beat by a 5.0 mustang, you definately had something wrong there. I mean, I absolutely detest a SBC, but that engine was way more in its hay day than any mustang would've been in the middle 80's[/QUOTE]

My camaro had a 355, 76cc heads, performer intake, 600 cfm holley vacuum secondary, cam dynamics 284 cam, stock exhaust manifolds, dual exhaust, dynomax super turbos, TH350 with a shift kit, stock converter, and 2.73 gears.

It was 1990 and there was a white capri that was fast and would mess with me all the time. I still remember the plate "GR8WHT".

I know now that I would have benefited from 3.73 gears, a posi, and converter.

I was running low 12's in 1990 with my 89 mustang and made a lot of chevy's sad lol. My car destroyed a ton of bbc's on the street with cheater slicks and a little giggle gas;) 12's in 1990 was pretty darn quick(probably equivalent to a 10.50 car nowadays).

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks man.

In '84 I bought a brand new Z28' then GM came out with the IROC in '85, I was so pissed.
Still, a new Z28 in the hands of a 22 year old landed me quality time with ladies of lesser morals somewhat regularly.

My "venture down a back alley" that is GM ownership found me in a brand new 1985 T/A. First car I ever put nitrous on. Promptly killed the clutch (repeatedly dumping the clutch in 2nd gear after that so I could actually benefit from it's usage on the street probably had a lot to do with that). Sold it right after going in the USArmy. A 249.00 dollar pymt, and 619.00 a month E-1 military base pay wasn't going to work for very long.

My "venture down a back alley" that is GM ownership found me in a brand new 1985 T/A. First car I ever put nitrous on. Promptly killed the clutch (repeatedly dumping the clutch in 2nd gear after that so I could actually benefit from it's usage on the street probably had a lot to do with that). Sold it right after going in the USArmy. A 249.00 dollar pymt, and 619.00 a month E-1 military base pay wasn't going to work for very long.
My first payment was 279$. Boy...how times have changed. Now I sound like my grandfather...:nonono:

My first payment was 279$. Boy...how times have changed. Now I sound like my grandfather...:nonono:
You can still get a 279.00 dollar a month pymt on a new camaro if you want........it'll be a 6 banger, and it'll only take 10 years to pay it off.

Last I checked there were.......84 month pymt terms being offered I think. With the price of a new GT being what?....34k?
That's still 451.00 a month before the insurance.
I'd have a stroke.

I should've known that buying a car in 2016 was gonna be so insane. I wondered if some guy in his 40-50's looking to buy the equivalent in 1969-70 was faced with the same staggering totals.

I was driving the other day, and considering what I coulda done if Id have a way to travel back in time with 20k..... Where would I have put that money? Houses? Gold,....Stock market, nope. Cars.

Who knew that a 5,000.00 Boss 429, or a 4000.00 Hemi Cuda were gonna be worth as much as one million dollars a few years ago? With 20 k in cash, you probably could've negotiated a deal to safely buy 5,..Hemi Cuda's, or 4 Boss 429's. Can you imagine?

If you knew what you were doing with that money w/ regard to buying a Ferrarri?
It'd be more like 10 times that.

20k = between 2-4 million dollars after sitting on it for 46 years. Show me the alternative to that investment.

*** and even after all of that,..the more you dig,...the more crazy sht that you find..... 67 L88 Corvettes selling for 3.8 mil; 66 Shelby Super Snake-5.5 mil, 65 Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe 7.2 mil.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'll never finance another vehicle again. Biggest waste of money. If my stocks gave me the returns I'd get on selling a used car I'd fire my broker and have to file bankruptcy.