Atlanta people, need area info.. may be moving!

Kraw said:
I'm looking forward to leaving NO and never even stepping foot in this area again :nice:

I was lucky enough to have transferred out of Gulfport/Biloxi a few years ago to Georgia. Best move I ever made.

Even so, I sometimes miss the coast, the food, mardi gras, etc. Things must be really bad down there if you have no desire to ever set foot there again.

• Sponsors (?)

well, NO area is just a ****hole. Always has been, always will. I have no idea what people see in that place. I can understand if you have family there, or where raised there... but my god, don't stay!

It stinks
Crime is the #1 industry
Politicians all suck
It'll never get better
Schools are horrendus
It's not a progressive city and will never be on. They have their chance now and it they'll squander it.

The only thing NO has is Mardi Gras. It's not real mardi gras, it's just the commercialized crap they feed the tourist. Real mardi gras happens west, in the Acadiana Parishes :nice:

Did I mention that NO sux?

Kraw said:
Crime is the #1 industry

In the first five minutes I was on the street there several years ago, I saw a drunk get his wallet stolen.

Kraw said:
It's not a progressive city and will never be on. They have their chance now and it they'll squander it.

You're probably right. The city should condemn large portions of the city, but they won't do it.

Kraw said:
The only thing NO has is Mardi Gras. It's not real mardi gras, it's just the commercialized crap they feed the tourist. Real mardi gras happens west, in the Acadiana Parishes :nice:

For those with kids that want to experience Mardi Gras, but don't want to travel to west La, check out Mobile.

MD