Atlanta people, need area info.. may be moving!

• Sponsors (?)

route question.

Had a death in the family, so we have to go to McComb, MS first. Best route shows to go up to Jackson then take I20 on in. Well, looking at the map on google, it seems I could turn off 20 at Bremen and take 27 through Carrolton on into Newnan and save myself 40 or 50 miles, and potential rush hour traffic in ATL

My question is, is 27 4 lane? Would it be a good route to take if I'm pulling a heavy trailer?

Thanks! HEading out tomorrow for my drug testing and other stuff. Will be in town for a few days

Kraw said:
route question.

Had a death in the family, so we have to go to McComb, MS first. Best route shows to go up to Jackson then take I20 on in. Well, looking at the map on google, it seems I could turn off 20 at Bremen and take 27 through Carrolton on into Newnan and save myself 40 or 50 miles, and potential rush hour traffic in ATL

My question is, is 27 4 lane? Would it be a good route to take if I'm pulling a heavy trailer?

Thanks! HEading out tomorrow for my drug testing and other stuff. Will be in town for a few days

I've been on sections of 27 and those parts were 4 lane. Not sure how many miles it is 4 lane though. One problem you may run into is so many turns onto smaller roads though. For wide open travel best bet would be 20 to 285 then 85 south straight to Newnan. If it were just a car the google way should be okay. Or go through Carrolton to hwy 92 then 92 to hwy 29 which will take you to Newnan also. A million ways to get there, finding them is half the fun. :)

Good luck on your trip out.

just an update. We are moving up on tuesday. We got an apt at the Villas. They seemed to be the nicest ones in Newnan and were new (2004). The damn thing is nicer and bigger then our house!

We're probably going to rent for a year. I want to find some land to buy and build a house, instead of getting a cookiecutter subdivision house.

We got a realtor and the house should list this week. She said our house is in the perfect price range, especially for people from St Benard parish that lost everything. She said she would be shocked if it didn't have a contract in the first 2 weeks. both of my buds that sold their houses had contracts w/in 4 days! Should make some nice coin off of this place to put towards a nice house :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to leaving NO and never even stepping foot in this area again :nice:

I live in Senoia which is about 15min from downtown Newnan. Good area to get into right now because it is just starting to really grow. It is still fairly reasonable as far as house size/property size for the money. Also you are close to both Fayetteville and Newnan which have carshows on different weekend during the month.

First local show that I know of should be in April or early May @ the Coweta Co. fairgrounds. The monthly shows at the Home Depot in Newnan should be starting up in April or May and the monthly shows at the Worlds Gym in Fayetteville should be starting about the same time. Last year the Newnan show was the first Sat. of the month and Fayetteville was the second Sat. of the month.

fir0070 said:
First local show that I know of should be in April or early May @ the Coweta Co. fairgrounds. The monthly shows at the Home Depot in Newnan should be starting up in April or May and the monthly shows at the Worlds Gym in Fayetteville should be starting about the same time. Last year the Newnan show was the first Sat. of the month and Fayetteville was the second Sat. of the month.

sweeet... that HD is right across the hiway from me :nice:

Budturbo said:
Welcome to the ATL.
thanks! It was a good move/decission!

S351R"Animal" said:
You might want to check with Allstate. They can usually beat State Farm. State Farm is usually the highest in this area.
I checked around... SF gave me the best :( The got it pretty close to what I Had before, and I"m sure once I buy a house, I can get more discounts

Good deal, hope to see you there this year. I can't wait for the shows to start this year. It has been a long winter. If you can call it that down here. I will let you know when I here about the date for the first show this year. There is usually a pretty good showing of Mustangs at the shows.