Attempted to get duals today...

Also, its up to me to decide what I want to do to my Mustang.. This forum is for people to discuss all options.. There is nothing wrong with a crate motor conversion.. This is why crate motors are made.. Granted I prolly should of just gone with the GT in the first place.. That was my mistake.. But I can freely discuss the option of going crate without having insults lobbed at me, then when i respond to them be ganged up on by everyone who has slight bent against me anyway.. This is BS..

And for Philstang, it seems you only like to point out the negative most of the time.. Why is that? You would not have been motivated to post anything unless you could somehow critisize me about something.. Please try and post more, when things are more positive.. You seem to only like to post and insert your opinion when there is a controversy..

If I am giving thought to a crate motor upgrade rather than play games with the V6, why should I be critisized? If your opinion differs, its fine to post your opinion, but no need to try and install insults.. I will defend myself.. Duner just needs to be a more fair moderator, and not insert his opinions only to scold me publicly.. I didnt start this, Jimp did.. No one has even mentioned his insults.. They are just reading things the way they want to view them.. He could have stated his opinion without trying to insult me..

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone chill out. Talk cars not hate.

No one is here to insult anyone else.

Everyone go have a few beers and watch some Family Guy, then come back in a better mood!

(Id tell you to go drive... but drinking and driving and angrying and driving are both bad ideas and I love your cars too much to do that to either of us.)

Any ideas on that next dyno yet? :)

Zodiac said:
Everyone chill out. Talk cars not hate.

No one is here to insult anyone else.

Everyone go have a few beers and watch some Family Guy, then come back in a better mood!

(Id tell you to go drive... but drinking and driving and angrying and driving are both bad ideas and I love your cars too much to do that to either of us.)

Any ideas on that next dyno yet? :)

Thanks for the post Zodiac! It looks like I will need to first get the SCT chip isntalled, and tuned.. This will cost me about $650 bucks... This will finally make all my mods work to their optimal potential.. After this, it will be extremely clear as to how all the work up to this point has truley effected the car.. I am starting to think that my computer has re-calibrated itself to the new environment, and pulled back slightly.. If I am correct, I remember someone stating that the computer is always learning.. Which means, that if its been programmed for a certain set of criteria, then even with the upgrades, it will reduce performance to stay within its confined set of pre-programmed boundries...

I believe the computer is what has held back the dyno results.. The car drives great.. I am happy with what the car pulls like, and performs, but I believe it is being held back by the frimware..

So I will concentrate on getting the SCT work done.. This should yield some really positive results.. Possibly enough to call off the crate motor deal.. Although, since i dont drive my car that much at all, I do like the longterm effects of a crate motor upgrade.. But I will be fair to the V6, and invest a last $650 bucks into it, to see where it winds up.. Again thanks for the support Zodiac.. Its times like this when you learn who your real friends are.. So you dont have to waste time with others who are just pretending!! :nice:

@ALL who are not pretending

Just so you all know, I am affiliated with one of the best Mustang Clubs in California.. "Mustangs Unlimited".. My nickname is Cobra!! So any crate engine mods, will be installed by me and some of my buddies.. So whenever people of unknown origin try and ruin my post, or make me appear to be less knowledgable, please ignore them.. Some of my friends have the fastest street cars in California.. They just dont participate in forums..

The problem with forums, is you never know who you are really dealing with online.. This is why all people you deal with should be respected and never insulted..

I have you on my list Zodiac! In the future, once we get this all worked out, feel comfortable that I will not forget your friendship man!! :nice:

MSP said:
And for Philstang, it seems you only like to point out the negative most of the time.. Why is that? You would not have been motivated to post anything unless you could somehow critisize me about something.. Please try and post more, when things are more positive.. You seem to only like to post and insert your opinion when there is a controversy..

This is the only thing Jimp posted that may seem an insult...

"You can pretty much double the cost of the motor to get someone to do it because I'm fairly certain you can't do it yourself judging by your posts."

And that is his opinion, I don't think he was trying to start stuff, he just spoke his mind a bit much.

And I did post positives... telling about the supercharger companies, suggesting visiting other forums, and not saying "told ya so" on the dyno results, but instead, to try and determine what type of dyno was used and the conditions, and that a second dyno should be done to confirm the #'s accuracy. Maybe it's just not the stuff you wanted to hear? I'm not sure.

I was attracted to this thread because of your positive attitude and determination of "souping up" the 05 V6.

It seems now you are offended quite easily at the first sign of anyone's disagreement. :(

Philstang said:
This is the only thing Jimp posted that may seem an insult...

"You can pretty much double the cost of the motor to get someone to do it because I'm fairly certain you can't do it yourself judging by your posts."

And that is his opinion, I don't think he was trying to start stuff, he just spoke his mind a bit much.

And I did post positives... telling about the supercharger companies, suggesting visiting other forums, and not saying "told ya so" on the dyno results, but instead, to try and determine what type of dyno was used and the conditions, and that a second dyno should be done to confirm the #'s accuracy. Maybe it's just not the stuff you wanted to hear? I'm not sure.

I was attracted to this thread because of your positive attitude and determination of "souping up" the 05 V6.

It seems now you are offended quite easily at the first sign of anyone's disagreement. :(

Well, lets move on Philstang.. The controversy is over now.. Lets see what happens once the SCT tunning is completed.. This will tell us alot more than a Stock factory calibration.. Dont you find it curious that the Dyno results are pretty close to stock, knowing that the car has a completely different exhaust system, and improved airflow? This is where the tunning comes in.. It is obvious, that the aftermarket tunning chips and flashers will need to be the very first purchase made by the V6 owners.. If there is anything that can come out of this thread to all the new owners, it will be to first invest in the flashing tool, and remove the factory setting.. Only then can gains be fully realized..

MSP said:
Well, lets move on Philstang.. The controversy is over now.. Lets see what happens once the SCT tunning is completed.. This will tell us alot more than a Stock factory calibration.. Dont you find it curious that the Dyno results are pretty close to stock, knowing that the car has a completely different exhaust system, and improved airflow? This is where the tunning comes in.. It is obvious, that the aftermarket tunning chips and flashers will need to be the very first purchase made by the V6 owners.. If there is anything that can come out of this thread to all the new owners, it will be to first invest in the flashing tool, and remove the factory setting.. Only then can gains be fully realized..
That sounds good.
Definitely some more ponys hiding in there somewhere and from what I've been reading, the SCT is the way to go.
In a recent magazine dyno test I was reading, they test an 05GT. They mentioned the importance of a high powered fan at the Dyno facility. The one at their test site simulated 60mph. But, with the fan turned off, or with a lower capacity fan, the hp#'s dropped by 30hp! :eek:
So a well cooled dyno faciliy with a high output front fan is essential with these cars.

Philstang said:
That sounds good.
Definitely some more ponys hiding in there somewhere and from what I've been reading, the SCT is the way to go.
In a recent magazine dyno test I was reading, they test an 05GT. They mentioned the importance of a high powered fan at the Dyno facility. The one at their test site simulated 60mph. But, with the fan turned off, or with a lower capacity fan, the hp#'s dropped by 30hp! :eek:
So a well cooled dyno faciliy with a high output front fan is essential with these cars.

Yes, it will indeed be interesting to see just how many pony's are being kept bottled up... I will refrain from making any guess'es in regards to how much.. I'm alittle gun-shy as of right now, in that regard.. But for sure, I know the XPIPE dual exhaust, should add quite a significant amount.. But truley the bottom line is, there is no way to escape this type of tunning.. We must totally erase the pre-programmed limits placed on the engine, before we can even speculate as to what this engine in its 2005 Mustang form can accomplish.. Ignoring the computer on this engine cant be done.. It must be the first point of consideration in regards to the performance factor.. Of course, most guys attack the exhaust to come to some type of personal satisfaction with the intitial sound factor.. Which is important to a personal level.. But once that has been accomplished, the first foremost consideration is whats being put to the ground.. This is why I will do the SCT tunning next before anything else.. in order for us all to grasp the reality of what is trule possible with the engine, we must have a concrete fact that any computer limitation has been removed.. Then and only then will we have any idea how much time and money should be wasted or invested... basically, I feel right now, we still dont have a baseline to judge anything yet.. We are in a stagnated position and are completley in the dark to the whole spectrum of possibility..

My options are clear up to this point.. I have decided against any type of SuperCharging for this motor right now.. My options will be based on an SCT tunning envirornment... My longterm goal based on cost and future value of the car is a crate motor.. My personality has made it clear, I should not have invested in the V6.. I dont want to offend some, who are going to be loyal to the motor, but this is my new conclusion.. My satisfaction level is too non-tolerant of alot of BS, and I am forced to face the fact that I blew it.. But if the SCT tunning should yield some very positive results, my opinion will most likley change.. But I need to see a number close to a lets say 1987 5.0.. Which is 225HP and 300ft lbs. of torque.. LOL!! Again, I hate the speculation, so please dont critsize the number.. LOL!!

The SCT in combination with every other mod will do exactly what you want, but Im really not sure if it alone will give you the numbers you're looking for. Maybe it will help fix the A/F ratio in the car, and prove to me that intake mod of yours is actually doing something afterall hehe :jester:

Edited. Is there anyone who could LOAN you an SCT? Just so you dont have to drop 650 bucks on a programmer and tune? Although it would still be good if you went the route of a GT. I think you'd see better results from dropping that much on having the heads ported and polished? Or even some headers and a real CAI? :) At that point I know you're going to need the tune though.. haha. Surely someone in your club, or your street buddies has one you can borrow?

Hey, you could probably even find a set of those DOHC heads I want so badly for that price. Port and polish a set of those and get back to me on what kind of numbers the 4.0 engine can put out!

MSP said:
Also, its up to me to decide what I want to do to my Mustang.. This forum is for people to discuss all options.. There is nothing wrong with a crate motor conversion.. This is why crate motors are made.. Granted I prolly should of just gone with the GT in the first place.. That was my mistake.. But I can freely discuss the option of going crate without having insults lobbed at me, then when i respond to them be ganged up on by everyone who has slight bent against me anyway.. This is BS..

If I am giving thought to a crate motor upgrade rather than play games with the V6, why should I be critisized? If your opinion differs, its fine to post your opinion, but no need to try and install insults.. I will defend myself.. Duner just needs to be a more fair moderator, and not insert his opinions only to scold me publicly.. I didnt start this, Jimp did.. No one has even mentioned his insults.. They are just reading things the way they want to view them.. He could have stated his opinion without trying to insult me..

I never insulted you, I told you the truth. You're the one that started with the insults when the truth wasn't something you were prepared to hear. My intention was to help. I don't think you had considered all the problems you would encounter with an engine swap. This is a discussion forum. This is the V6 Tech forum. Not an MSP cheerleading forum. You need to relax and learn to take constructive criticism.

Jimp said:
I never insulted you, I told you the truth. You're the one that started with the insults when the truth wasn't something you were prepared to hear. My intention was to help. I don't think you had considered all the problems you would encounter with an engine swap. This is a discussion forum. This is the V6 Tech forum. Not an MSP cheerleading forum. You need to relax and learn to take constructive criticism.

So lets see if Duner will respond to this.. Most likley not because it is abusive only to me.. LOL!!

The truth is what you believe it to be Jimp.. Perhaps your perception of the monitary value is different from mine.. Perhaps your life is structured from a different standpoint than mine.. Which is why you are threatend by the thought of an engine swap.. It is probably something you could not conceicve of doing based on your situation.. I am sorry for that.. I didnt think of the possibilty that you are speaking your opinions based on your own lifestyle.. My apologies..

Thanks Jimp!! We need guys like you! Seriously, stick around for awhile.. At some point we may find something we can agree on..

So in the end, I understand Duner's frustration with my response.. I should be more thoughtful of all the possibilities I will be faced with if I continue my patronage of this website.. I understand now Duner!

Philstang

In the long run, it is more productive to own your own SCT programmer.. The head work is still something to consider at some point.. I would like to get the tune done and go from there first..

@ALL

It is interesting to see that while I like to share my thoughts with the forum, I am being abused.. This is typical behavior of the American society.. Think about that for awhile.. I am American, so dont try an take it the wrong way.. But in our culture, it seems we like to bash the innovators.. I wonder why that is.. Perhaps we should step back and think of what it means...

@ALL

Hopefully we can end this particular part of this thread.. But for those seeking insight to Jimp's underlying motivations, ponder this small quote from his post...................Not an MSP cheerleading forum... A small clue to his mindset.. In my opinion, I am a cheerleader to any one of us who is looking to improve upon his car.. Show me the gains, so I can follow.. Afterall, that is what its all about.. Which is why most guys appreciate the effort.. What gains I can find, will save you the time..

Now MSP, those 225hp and 300tq are from the engine, not rwhp, and your already at 210 and 250, (from your dyno results). I would bet money that if you did a retune that you could hit the 225 mark, if not higher. Now the torque, i don't think your going to hit because that 5.0 is a V8 torque monster... But anyways, i think you'll be impressed by the feel of the car, if not by the numbers. I think you'd be better off taking it to a track and seeing what you can run in it.

OK i want to get things cleared up a bit. I got a price quote today for $330 for my dual exhaust. The guys said he was going to cut the original pipe and weld in another pipe. So 2.5" piping, flowmaster mufflers and tips. Is this what most of you guys with duals are doing? and is this a fair price?

Yeah pretty much exactly what I did. You going to put in a Y-pipe or anything? Or just run them in a "true dual" format? What I did and I payed 375 but I also had 2 12" resonators installed as well.

@ALL

Hey guys! Fraut with confusion, and quotes of $30,000 dollars to build a motor, I have decided to move my thoughts towards the exterior of the car for awhile, and let my obsession for more power subside.. I spoke with Cervinis today on the phone and received the price list of this kit... Needless to say its the Eleanor.. If I am to be subdued by the GT's for ahwile, until I decide to make my move on the motor, I might as well look good losing!! LOL!!

So, my thoughts for ahwile will move away from power, and focus towards the beauty of what is the Mustang...

This is my project currently.. Lets keep it to a peacefull debate.. LOL!!

http://www.cervinis.com/

http://community.webshots.com/photo/310383686/365027262lpbwNO

http://community.webshots.com/photo/310383686/365027238hdbdpo

I'll start ording the parts soon.. I must say for all those interested, the entire kit will cost you around $3700 bucks.. Then it needs to be painted, and installed...

Cervini's will install the entire kit plus 20" wheels, and painted stripes for $13,000.. LOL! I think I will just do it myself.. LOL!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/310383686nwjEbg

Also, the kit is available from 6/13/05.. Which means, its ready to ship...