attention all stang pros

chrismillion

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
car is running hot! check engine light pops on periodically(everyday). i got it checked and it is the o2 sensors on the passenger side. do bad o2 sensors cause overheating? also another thing that bothering me is that my tailpipe is running significantly hotter on the driver side than the passenger side o2 (maybe)? i put a radiator stop leak in it too! the company claims that it will not stop up your radiator. it stop the leak though. sometimes in normal driving conditions the temp gauge reaches the A on NORMAL, and the coolant will burst out of the coolant reservoir! i have a 95 gt 5.0. any help would be greatly paised

• Sponsors (?)

i think you should check if your head gasket(s) are blown....wait for the car to cool off....and take the radiator cap off....and start the car....see if you get bubbles in the coolant that would tell you its a blown headgasket....if the codes say the O2's are bad then id replace them...

Anthony

Change your o2 sensors for sure they gotta be bad after ten years if they are stock. You could also just have some air in your system from a leak. Are you losing coolant before these overflows? Look at your dipstick and see if you have a Mocha cappucino look in the oil. I had HG go twice and the dipstick told the story everytime.

the car have'nt been modified except for k&n, flowmasters 40 series. the oil is like coffee with no creme( oil is fine). sorry, but can someone tell me something more concerning the original post ( everything that's in it). pipes temp, can o2 sensors cause overheating ,etc............ thanks!

i cant answer cuz im not a stang pro.
ok, i will.
i would get a real gauge, atleast for testing, so you know what gives.

a bad O2 will be known by the puter - the puter will work around it. you wont have fuel being trimmed quite as much, but it is not a biggie.

ill leave the rest to the pros.

yes, the fan is kicking on. if it is a head gasket problem, i can't detect if there is water in oil. even when i first get up in the morning i check before cranking (no water). on my 3.8L 95 stang i had a blown headgasket and it clearly had milky oil. one side of my exhaust is hotter than the other, what's up with that? when water comes out of your pipes, but not dripping like a leaky faucet, instead it shoots out like a almost empty bottle of windex ( sprinkle). could this be headgasket related? one more thing, the exhaust that is doing this is the one that's hotter and it steams a little bit more than the other. i though the reason it was steaming more is because of the greater heat differance. is it?