Auto Swap

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2004 mustang gt and it has full bolt ons and comp cams with a stock 5 speed. I changed the clutch to a spec stage 3 and since then ive had nothing but problems with either the clutch cables, clutch tranny. you name it. I am planning on changing to a automatic with a stall, what all do I need to do that.

What problems are you having with your transmission?

I've got 40k on my stock 3650 and stock clutch. At 410rwtq now, and I still love it. Seems like swapping to an auto is an expensive fix for a relatively inexpensive problem.

I love my auto and its a prime example of just how strong the 4R70Ws are. I ran 11.64 letting off at the 1000' mark with a bone stock auto, with no stall and 4.10 gears. The tranny is still holding up fine and I couldn't be happier with it.

I love driving 5/6 spds on the street (SHELBY) but when I go to the track there is nothing better than doing an easy burnout and just giving her gas, no slipping the clutch, missing shifts, or bogging out of the hole.

I also have a spec stage 3 clutch and since the install, ive gone through 2 cable 2 quadriants and had nothing but problems...mayby its the "spec" clutch and not the driver's, Ive heard nothing but problems since ive gotten mine.... I should hav gotten a CenterForce setup and been done, but if your mind is set, check out month before last MMFF mag they did a full write up on 5 speed to auto. in an 2002 gt. With parts list and everything ...

I also have a spec stage 3 clutch and since the install, ive gone through 2 cable 2 quadriants and had nothing but problems...mayby its the "spec" clutch and not the driver's, Ive heard nothing but problems since ive gotten mine.... I should hav gotten a CenterForce setup and been done, but if your mind is set, check out month before last MMFF mag they did a full write up on 5 speed to auto. in an 2002 gt. With parts list and everything ...

5-speed auto :drool:

I just got a auto transmission out of a 04 mustang gt for $500. So far i have bought the pedal box, stock shifter, and the computer. I still need stall(dont know which one to go with yet) mac longtubes(right now I have BBK and they wont fit with the auto) and I think the only thing left is the wire harness. Im pretty sure that they will have to shorten my driveshaft, is that all that i need to do?

Im gunna be selling everything out of the car as soon as I get it out. T3650, polyurethane transmission mounts, pedal box, 5speed comp, tri ax short throw shifter, BBK headers(for long tubes), I dont know the condition of the clutch(dual friction centerforce clutch) more than likely it wont be n e good, steed adjustable clutch quandrant. If i think of n e thing else i will list it