Autozone... I never Thought

Auto zone is the worst in customer service. And now their parts department has gone to crap. Personally they can't even compete with pep boys. If you want parts go to Kragens or Napa. Kragens has best service. I got all my painless switches and all my equus gauges alternators starters etc. through them.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry if i'm thread jacking, just kinda want to go on a rant... i know u US guys don't have 'canadian tire' stores, but thats our version of a pep boys or autozone i guess. pretty much the only car parts store around (and napa). there are 2 CT stores in my city, 1 I spend a LOT of money at, 1 is garbage. they tell me S*** like the company stopped production, on things they don't have in stock just so they don't have to order it in (several times). the other store has no prob. getting me almost anything. they seem to be able to get the 'discontinued' items in a couple days all the time. needless to say, the one store now gets all my business, and i refuse to buy anything from the other store.... I'd rather pay more or wait longer from a store that actually cares for your business. I know it doesnt make a difference what I do to them, but if enough people do it, they will start to feel it!

Pretty much all of the chain parts stores around here are equally bad. That's what happens when you mainstream a business like auto parts and stock the staff with a bunch of schmucks right off the street with no qualifications or auto parts knowledge whatsoever. Even the local NAPA is a joke ... but not so much because they don't know they're stuff - quite the opposite, actually. (They're snotty, brash, rude buttholes that think they know EVERYTHING.)

Then my search gets worse... I search ebay for a K&N filter and come up with this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-9...ryZ43946QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

It's a used "K@N" filter and replaces "stick" filter. For only $24.99 + $7 s&h. What a steal.

Hahahaha :lol:

Last year on ebay I saw an auction titled "Mustang air intake" and clicked it. It was the stock air silencer, stock air box(with two mounting nuts) with a new K&N, the tubing after the air box, the mass air meter with bracket and bolts, and the tubing to the TB. All of this was removed from a 40K 93 GT." I bid, and won it for $18 shipped. I still have it boxed up. I figure some day I'll be restoring a 5.0, and this will come in handy.