AWESOME MUSTANG SPOTTED!!!!!

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
Central VA
I was heading to the local Giant Food this evening and happened to see a black lowered Stang go driving by as I approached the stop sign. I was able to pull out 2 cars behind him. It got caught in the right hand turn lane which gave me just enough time to pull into a parking space right along the road, jump out of my car and snap a quick pic on my cell phone. On the rocker panel stripe it said "GT 700 KR":shrug: "GT"??? This had me wondering if it were a fake/one of a kind deal. I just did a quick search on the net and the first link was to this very car! I know it is as the personalized plate is the same as the website. It did start life as an original '07 GT500, but didn't stay so for long as it was at SEMA last fall. This car gets driven and driven hard! There are several vids of it running at VIR and at the dragstrip! Looking at the "Build" page, it had a lot of the work done by shops right here in my town:rock: I'm fortunate that i got to see such a beast in person...on a public street on a weekday:hail2::hail2: To whomever this car belongs...it is a very nice car:nice::nice:

Here is my pic along with the website!

2606427854_4629cfa9f8_o.jpg

http://www.gt700kr.com/index.html

• Sponsors (?)

Wait... all you guys dont drive yours every day?!! at least 4 or 5 times a week...? Building a nice, FUN car and NOT driving it as often as you can is like dating a georgous woman, and only touching her once a month b/c you might break or tarnish her....even if you do, take her for some surgery (lift kit, mud work, etc...), or just buy another one and start all over again... like; ya know, treat her as if it were a CAR. It is a car... drive it every day; just be sure to use lube!

JMO :nice:

What are your thoughts about "self branding"? I think it's a bit cheesy to make up a GT700KR decal and stick it on your car - no matter how nice/built your car is. Just like I would never buy Cobra emblems and stick them on my GT. What's next, someone calling their twin turbo stroked GT a GT999KR? I'll be open minded on this one if someone has a convincing counter point-of-view. ???? :shrug:

Note that I'm not saying that isn't a beautiful car - it surely is!

Wait... all you guys dont drive yours every day?!! at least 4 or 5 times a week...? Building a nice, FUN car and NOT driving it as often as you can is like dating a georgous woman, and only touching her once a month b/c you might break or tarnish her....even if you do, take her for some surgery (lift kit, mud work, etc...), or just buy another one and start all over again... like; ya know, treat her as if it were a CAR. It is a car... drive it every day; just be sure to use lube!

Well, my reply is based on the fact that typically, when people start dropping 100k+ on creating a car that is displayed at SEMA, they don't then go and use it as a DD. A little bit different than a Stangnetter putting some cash into their Mustang to enhance it for their personal enjoyment.

What are your thoughts about "self branding"? I think it's a bit cheesy to make up a GT700KR decal and stick it on your car - no matter how nice/built your car is. Just like I would never buy Cobra emblems and stick them on my GT. What's next, someone calling their twin turbo stroked GT a GT999KR? I'll be open minded on this one if someone has a convincing counter point-of-view. ???? :shrug:

Note that I'm not saying that isn't a beautiful car - it surely is!

I'm OK with it since he did start with a GT500, so keeping the GTxxx format is OK, but he did modify it to the point where it really isn't a GT500 anymore. IMHO, this is different than starting with a GT and sticking Cobra emblems on it. If someone builds up a 999HP GT500, then I'd be OK with it if they wanted to call it a GT999KR as well.

So did he start with a GT500KR? The link isn't working.

My point is that (to my knowledge) there is no such thing as a GT700KR that's officially recognized by any organization anywhere so this guy might just as well put a sticker on the side saying "Super-duper rocket car", to me "GT700KR" seems just as silly and cheapens the class work that went into the car. Why not let the car's form and function speak for itself?

It did start life as an original '07 GT500. If I did have the money to buy any level car and mod it, I would make sure I would enjoy driving it as well! To me, a car is meant to be bought and driven, not bought and let sit! I get more enjoyment working on/driving my car than I would if all I could do was just look at it!

As long as it is done for personal taste and not trying to build some 'one-off' car and selling it to an unsuspecting person or going around saying I've got 'such and such', then I'm fairly open to rebadging as long as it 'fits the bill'.
Like mine for instance, I have always liked the GT/A Stangs(in 1967 the manual trans was the GT and the auto trans was the GT/A). Mine being the retro style automatic, I thought it very fitting and even went as far as putting on similar rocker stripes and placing the badge in the same location as the original. I never really cared for the look of our GT fender emblems and since I didn't want to repeat GT on the fender, I ditched it for the Pony Package running pony emblem. To me, this is an awesome combo:rock: I'd rather have no emblem, but not wanting to spend money on body work and paint, I just swapped emblems. I do like the billet fuel doors, but I don't like that fact that from certain angles you end up seeing what looks like two gas tank doors:shrug: This led me to keeping the real one alone and just making one to look like the late '60s Stangs. That ties in really well with the honeycomb panel:nice:
Wow, I ended up saying too much here, but oh well! Sorry to those who got bored reading:rolleyes:

I was heading to the local Giant Food this evening and happened to see a black lowered Stang go driving by as I approached the stop sign. I was able to pull out 2 cars behind him. It got caught in the right hand turn lane which gave me just enough time to pull into a parking space right along the road, jump out of my car and snap a quick pic on my cell phone. On the rocker panel stripe it said "GT 700 KR":shrug: "GT"??? This had me wondering if it were a fake/one of a kind deal. I just did a quick search on the net and the first link was to this very car! I know it is as the personalized plate is the same as the website. It did start life as an original '07 GT500, but didn't stay so for long as it was at SEMA last fall. This car gets driven and driven hard! There are several vids of it running at VIR and at the dragstrip! Looking at the "Build" page, it had a lot of the work done by shops right here in my town:rock: I'm fortunate that i got to see such a beast in person...on a public street on a weekday:hail2::hail2: To whomever this car belongs...it is a very nice car:nice::nice:

Here is my pic along with the website!

2606427854_4629cfa9f8_o.jpg

http://www.gt700kr.com/index.html

Kooldawg,

My name is Chris and I was the test driver on the road course portion of this GT700KR. I think it is really neat that you caught the "spy" photo of the car doing its daily driving duties. The car turned 10,000 miles on me while on the track.......VIR.

I see several of you guys points about badging a custom built car. If it had a different spoiler and subwoofers as its mods then it would not deserve the badging that the owner created.......that would be pretty silly. This car is the real deal, however. Daily driver, 11 sec drag racer (with road racing suspension and street tires), extremely quick road racing ability and incredible looks, I think it deserves that badging. It is a one of one and was a real treat to drive at 10/10th.

Chris

Sadly, I don't anymore. I have a DD for the summer since I drive 40 miles each way and am trying to keep the miles down some. But come August and school starts up, I'll be driving it every day and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be going WOT at least once on my way to school and on my way home :)

It did start life as an original '07 GT500. If I did have the money to buy any level car and mod it, I would make sure I would enjoy driving it as well! To me, a car is meant to be bought and driven, not bought and let sit! I get more enjoyment working on/driving my car than I would if all I could do was just look at it!

As long as it is done for personal taste and not trying to build some 'one-off' car and selling it to an unsuspecting person or going around saying I've got 'such and such', then I'm fairly open to rebadging as long as it 'fits the bill'.
Like mine for instance, I have always liked the GT/A Stangs(in 1967 the manual trans was the GT and the auto trans was the GT/A). Mine being the retro style automatic, I thought it very fitting and even went as far as putting on similar rocker stripes and placing the badge in the same location as the original. I never really cared for the look of our GT fender emblems and since I didn't want to repeat GT on the fender, I ditched it for the Pony Package running pony emblem.

Agreed. If it "fits the bill" then it can be badged accordingly. I mean, there are plenty of 99-04 V6's that have turned cobra 100% except the VIN #. Body panels, motor, drivetrain, etc... and they always state that's it a V6 conversion and it always sells for less than a true Cobra but if you are looking to get a "Cobra" for a decent price, get a conversion. What this guy did is 100% legit in my book and worthy of the badging that was given to it. It's not riced out, not played out, and it looks damn good and is relatively quick (could be quicker in the 1/4 but it was built for the open track from what I understand).

To the owner: props on the sweet car man. Looks absolutely fantastic and I'm glad it's daily driven :)