B&M Hammer Shifter

• Sponsors (?)

huskerpower02 said:
That looks sweet man. Where did you get yours from? How much was the installation. On B&M site it says something about a C4 Conversion kit, did you have to buy anything other than the shifter? Your car looks awsome by the way :nice:

all you need is the shifter. the conversion kit is just an adapter to use on the C4 trannys.

i think you also use your stock shifter cable. :shrug: dont know for sure.

i plan on buying one probably in around May to go with my PA valve body :nice:

some more pics.

414539_12_full.jpeg

19.bmp

hammer3.jpeg

the last one is with the C4 conversion. this one is on EBay.

also just to let people know, theres someone on Corral selling the Hammer shifter for the AODE for $100.

i had one on my red one before i converted to a T-5. I loved it. you will never miss a shift. the shifter doesn't allow that to happen. It has the reverse lock out so you have to pull the trigger to get into reverse. You do use the same shifter cable for an AODE. i don't know about the C4.

Im just a little confused. If i buy the shifter for my AODE I'll still have all 4 gears and the car will upshift into 5th gear as long as i have overdrive active correct? Probably a stupid question but how do i know if i have a C4 tranny or not. I just want to know everything i have to buy before i start purchasing things and find out later that i need 3 other things to go along with the shifter in order to make it work. Thanks.

thanks for your guys help. finally put my questions to rest. im going to my mechanic tomorrow and am going to ask them how much for the shifter and to install....they usually cut me a break. Thanks again for everyones help and if you still have pictures that you want to share please feel free to post them up!

-Drew

SuperDust22 said:
huskerpower02, let me know how much it all was so I can get an idea and let me know how you like it.

No problem. Like i said, im gonna go tomorrow and ill get a price for the shifter and the installation fee. Im afraid its gonna cost me a nut. Ill post up here as soon as i get it installed and use it a few times.

Good point. I guess if your able to install a Pro 5.0 shifter you could install this? :shrug: However, if me a some friends install this and it goes bad i have noone to blam it on. But if i have a shop do it and the mess something up, i have them to blame it on and they HAVE to fix it. Thats just what im worried about.

Well sorry guys. I wont be much help to you from this point on. I went to my mechanic and they said $275 installed and i just dont have that kind of money right now. :nonono: JEGS sells the shifter 199.95 and my mechanic said $65 for install. Plus the $8 processing fee from JEGS. :bang: :bang: Oh well, good luck with your purchases and installs.