back lighting for the speedo cluster?

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
i replaced the cluster in my mustang with a speedo from a 93 and notice that alot of my bulbs were burnt out and was wondering if anything has used these?

http://whitegauges.net/products_list.php?catID=4550

for the 87-93 it says that you can only use green and white 194s's but they come in...blue, green, white, red, and amber? why is it that you can only use the green and white? View attachment 377737

i plan on re ordering the white face overlays later this week and was thinking of getting some of them bulbs too unless i can get them at an auto parts store or something? :shrug: id like a blue back light to tell you the trust to go with the exterior color of the car.

• Sponsors (?)

They're probably recommending the green or white since those colors will be the most compatible with the color of the transparent part of the stock gauge faces.

Someone either on Stangnet or Corral has done their gauges in blue. They had comparison pics with blue, green, and white LEDs i believe.

Do not expect you gauges to illuminate the way they illustrate it on the website link you posted. There is a blue film which is used on the stock gauge cluster which is where the color is derived from. Seeing as the stock incandescent bulbs emit more of a yellowish light, the resulting effect is a green cluster. The only color which is going to show properly with the stock gauge is going to be blue…and it wont' be as bright as stock. For those interested, you can see a small comparison I did in the thread shown here… http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=634260

btw these the right ones for a mustang? WLED 1-LED bulb $ 0.79 $ 0.00 Blue 0.60

anyone have a picture of a 87+ with the white face overlays on with the lights on at night? i am ordering the white face overlays and was wondering what they look like at night with stock lighting?

Those are them. Keep in mind that they are polarized. You'll want to check to ensure they light up before you assemble the cluster completely back together. If you install them backwards, simply pull the bulb holder out and rotate it 180* and re-install.

Those are them. Keep in mind that they are polarized. You'll want to check to ensure they light up before you assemble the cluster completely back together. If you install them backwards, simply pull the bulb holder out and rotate it 180* and re-install.

ok.i order some when one of my parents get home...gotta use a credit card.