bad noise when turning at low speed in 1st gear

when slowing down and i am braking, when i start to turn it sounds like my tires are rubbing in the fenderwell. i have taken the car into my trusted mechanic and asked him to check the shocks and struts. he says he hears the noise but he claims the shocks are old but not shot. he also doesnt guarantee that if he changes the shocks that the noice wont go away. my stang is a saleen clone with all the suspension set up as a S 281, my tire sizes are 265/40/18 fronts and 295/35/18 in the rear. if anyone has any info on what this could be, i would love to hear it. need help!!!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Moved to tech..

It's hard to diag a noise issue over the net but one thing you may want to try to do is..

trun the wheel all the way to one side and try making a tight turn from a stop, if you hear noise and feel binding from the rear then it's the traction lok clutches in the rear

Moved to tech..

It's hard to diag a noise issue over the net but one thing you may want to try to do is..

trun the wheel all the way to one side and try making a tight turn from a stop, if you hear noise and feel binding from the rear then it's the traction lok clutches in the rear

So does this require a complete rebuild? I was hoping to do a gear swap in the near future. What parts would I need to fix this problem?

So does this require a complete rebuild? I was hoping to do a gear swap in the near future. What parts would I need to fix this problem?

no it does not require a complete rebuild, only the carrier needs to come out, hell I have done them with the carrier in the car just pull the axles, center pin and s spring out then you can do it in the car as long as your using the pre shimed ford kit.