Beating my head over mufflers (Cali preferred)

Oct 10, 2006
So hears my problem...I am afraid of buying regular magnaflows because i fear it will be to quiet and money wasted....but i am also afraid of buying magnapacks (mufflers) because of the police and the 2000 rpm drone (i do a lot of freeway driving)....PLEASE help me decide...should i suck it up and go for the packs?..haha

• Sponsors (?)

Well...i am pretty much sold on it...but one question remains....can i keep a conversation at freeway speeds...because if the answers are right im buying them right away...and my friend has some high quality mics so that means some very nice exhaust clips for you guys...hahahahaha:p

You’re going to love the packs. If your cruising at 80 mph with 3.73 gears then it can be a little annoying but at 70mph no problem at all. Trust me the drone isn't as bad as the Mac Flowpaths that I use to have. Just listen to my sig if you want to listen to what they sound like with a catted H pipe. I personally like the sound of the H better but that just me. I will never go back to a chambered muffler after running the packs.

I live in Cali and i have an O/R X and Flowmaster 40's Delta Flows..... They are not even that load. There are trucks on the road that are louder than my car.

CobraRed_96_GT has heard my car...it isnt that loud

...i have also heard CobraRed_96_GT's Magnapacks and they sound perfect....not over welming at all

I live in Cali and i have an O/R X and Flowmaster 40's Delta Flows..... They are not even that load. There are trucks on the road that are louder than my car.

CobraRed_96_GT has heard my car...it isnt that loud

...i have also heard CobraRed_96_GT's Magnapacks and they sound perfect....not over welming at all

werd, i dont think your car would sound nearly as good w/ a catted midpipe - not too loud at all

I have to borla stingers which are similar to the packs and i love them. Ive had my off road prochamber on my car for a little over a year now, both with stock mufflers and the borlas, much louder with the borlas, and have never been hassled by the cops about it. I drive all over cali from the bay in sf to where i live in sactown. Never had a problem. I had the borlas with the stock mid for a couple of months when i had to change back to it for smog reasons, which wasnt too bad at all. It definitely had a nice tone and wasnt too loud at all, i drove all the way to LA from Sac and the drone was non existent pretty much, even cruising at 100+ for minutes at a time...gotta love hwy 5 :D If you are looking for a straight through muffler check out some clips of the borlas, even on stock mids they give it enough rumble to know its a V8. There is a clip in my sig with the o/r pc on. :nice:

ummm...how much are the borlas...on the site it says $186....does that mean for each or pair??....seems like the packs is what im getting...are borlas slightly louder than stock at idle??....and anyone have problems with neighbors