Before/After Coilover PICS

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
Got the coilovers and c/c plates in.
I have been running the drag speings for 2 years now and I miss that lowered look! They perform but my car was way high in the front!
So here was the car before.

BEFORE:

95f12.21.03.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Car rides great no clunks, rubs, or scraping like I have heard about. I was suprised it rode the way it did as low as the front is....I actually may raise it a lil more, haven't played with it much.

Well what do you guys think?

Chris

Thanks guys
I didn't do anything to the back, just such a change in the front made the diff...lol
Yeah like I said above I'll prob give em' a few turns and raise it up a lil, but it is def. a improvement! Just don't feel like going back out in the 110 degree AZ. heat lol

RIO, suprisingly it rides awesome as is.

Thanks bro!
I've done my trial n error...hope this is the last...it is truely the best of both worlds

I had lowering springs then Drag springs no Coilovers lol OMG!

What are the particulars??? I got some Bils for the rears...haven't purchased the struts yet...If you dont mind...whats your set-up and the $$$.
You still need struts with coilovers??? Don't know much about em...I would think the adjustability is cool though...

What coilovers did you get? Eibach's? I'm looking at them now, just for the adjustability of them. My car is that low in the front, and I've lived in some of the bumpiest places around, so if you're worried about it, it's actually not so bad. My car rides a little rough though, I toyed with the aftermarket springs :bang:

It is the Street/Strip coilover setup from D&D along with D&D c/c plates. I run Comp Eng. 90/10's up front (same ones I've had for a few years)
The back still has the Eibach drag springs w/air bag and stock shocks.
I paid around 240$ for the coilovers and C/C plates new.
They claim 6" of adjustability so I'm sure I can get it just right to my liking.

Should be ideal for what I had planned....loose the gap for daily driving (looks) and on track nights raise it up to about the height of my drag springs for weight transfer.
It actually transfers pretty good even that low, I'm sure thats because of the 90/10's

Even going over train tracks at like 45mph it was smooth...I was shocked because my old lowering springs (about the same height as now) were bumpy/bouncy as a mofo.

Just need a alignment first thing Monday, and I'll be money (and find the sweet spot)

What spring rate for the front and how long are the coils? I was thinking about going with a 175lbs. 14" coil over for the front with either adjtables or 90/10's. Does it handle alright or is a little scary takin corners? I pulled the sway bar this weekend and things get a little interesting with that thing gone...lol.

Jake

With the sway off it is scary!
It is not bad at all the way it is now...alot better in the turns than the drag springs!

Jake to tell you the truth these things have been in the garage for like 3 months..lol I think they were the 250lb ones...what ever the street/strip is..lol
Been so tied up with getting the car back together and all purty I forgot..lol Guess I could dig the reciept up?
I was told with my setup with the extra weight from the blower and how I'm street oriented more so than the track that the 175's weren't a good choice.
Hope this helps
Chris