Below Is An Email I Received From An Engine Reman Guy, I Scoff

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 90lxwhite, Nov 7, 2013.

1. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Stubborn people like myself. At least it's not a hijack. It is very much on topic.

Kurt
    84Ttop likes this.
  2. Gearbanger 101

Gearbanger 101 Straight Outta Locash Super Mod

Indeed. 300rwhp is a struggle for a bolt on Fox body with GT40/GT40P heads. Now....show me the thread on this website where people are knocking out 300rwhp with E7TE heads on a bolt on Fox body....or even 300fwhp for that matter? :shrug: As tough as making 300rwhp with GT40/GT40P castings is....its even tougher with E7TE's. E7TE's will cost you the same amount of money in the end, for lesser results!

Personally....knowing what I know now, I wouldn't pick either one. Aluminum is king. Unless you're running in a class that requires the use of factory iron heads, I can't think of a single reason you would want them for a car that wasn't on all but the strictest budget and didn't have plans on making more than 300hp with.
  3. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Read away.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/300-rwhp-with-stock-heads-and-cam.672452/

I would ignore any references to Trophy Stock cars. They say they are stock cam, but they are anything but. It's stock absolute cam dimensions, but the ramp angles are adjusted a lot to make the engine perform. Trophy Stock engines are big money.

I prefer aluminium also, but some people want the rock solid reliability of an iron head; some people like the original look of an iron head. I used to have a set of Windsor Jr. heads way back in the day. If I was going to use an iron head, I would track down a set of those and see if I could get a good deal long before I used a Ford casting.

Kurt
  4. BuckSatan

BuckSatan New Member

So, I purchased one of those GTECH computers pretty cheap and took it out - I realize it's not official, but I hear they are pretty good.

According to that, the car ran 15.5 at 92.5 MPH - this was with wet, cold roads (melted snow) so traction on the launch was horrible.

That will definitely come down to low 15's.. outside chance of high 14s if I get lucky when I try again in the summer.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013