BELT TENSIONER PULLEY BOLT WONT LOOSEN

• Sponsors (?)

Is that bolt reverse-threaded? I don't have access to my car right now so I can't check. Basically, whatever direction the pulley is turning, the bolt will loosen in the other direction.

Assuming you're loosening in the correct direction, try an impact wrench, or just hit a cheater bar with a hammer...

okay it was reverse threaded. motor still squeeks. i noticed the water pump didn't spin smoothly, could this cause my squeeky noise? man i dont wanna replace that sucker, i just got the car :(

What kind of shape is your serpentine belt in? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to take it off and give both the pulley surfaces and belt a thorough cleaning with soap and water. It's not uncommon for the belt to get contaminated with oil and/or belt dust over time and cause an annoying "chirp".

the belt is brand new. it was the first thing i changed. so far: idler, tensioner pulley, belt. im gonna take off the water pump pulley tonight and soak it in WD40 to see if the squeek stops. i sprayed some behind it this morning before i went ot work and it went away for a while. i'd hate to replace the water pump just cause the thing was squeeky. im tryin to save up for some bullitts!