Best Alternator EVER!

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Bedford, MA
So ive been playing with alternators....doing research...

Heres what i have.

I swapped my engine brackets to the 351 aluminum truck brackets. This way i can still run the 4 bolt a/c used in the 95 mustangs but more importantly i can use the 3 bolt truck alternators. This can be done on any 5.0 fox by using the truck alternator bracket.

Why a truck alternator? Because then i can get the Giant Burly Mitsubishi Alternator that comes in ambulances and certain 7.3 liter vehicles. I got mine off ebay for $100 used.

Whats so great about this sucker?
215 amps constant
Dual Rectifier
Brushless

Negative?
Its 32 lbs lol....

Why?
My stereo is near 2000 watts.... I feel this will suit the overkill side of me just fine. Sick of burning up 200amp aftermarket alternators or watching my voltage needle drop when the bass hits.

Below is a comparison to other alternators like the 3g
http://alternatorparts.com/dual_rectifier_big_ford.htm

Questions and comments welcome

Heres my engine with the truck brackets. The alternator in it now is just a cheap 90amp one
2012-09-22140708.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-09-22140708.jpg
    2012-09-22140708.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Sponsors (?)

Isn't the wrong side of the belt facing the pulley on that A/C compressor?

Good tip on the Alt though. I'll keep that in mind if I need to use a small block Ford to power a small city. :D

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 4" Cowl. There is plenty of room

I was using truck brackets on my 351 before these. It just wont work with 94/95 brackets.

I have taken plenty of weight off the nose. I have a 383 stroker....i'll never notice the 15 extra pounds. Its not a race car... I don't take it to the track.... Its my fun "spirited driving"

My system runs around a real 2000watts RMS. I run a 0/1 wire. I also run a Lincoln Mark 8 fan that spikes to near 100 amps at startup and consumes 40 amps just running. At idle all the electronics kill my Alternator.

I feel your pain with the alternator. I don't run a big stereo but do have a bunch of draw. I have lots of under hood heat to deal with and have been thinking about adding an extra rectifier in a remote location.