Best Cleveland style heads?

News flash - sometimes companies buy other companies with no expectations of making money. They buy them for intellectual property rights, patent rights, engineering plans, etc. They transfer ownership of patent rights and other items to the parent company, and then they sell the company, or sell off the pieces.

What they were doing was trying to buy their way into the luxury car market. They lost more than $10 billion on them...now please...tell me exactly WHAT they got for their money that will ever be worth that kind of money?

And it was someone else who started the Chevy comparison.

• Sponsors (?)

That's assuming Ford will be around much longer...which I have my doubts. The only units they offer that make money are the Mustang (what is their follow-up) and the F truck. Hell, they were smart enough to buy Jaguar for multi BILLIONS of dollars about 15 or 16 years back without even touring the factory first. Then they found the foor leaked onto the assembly line, they poured billions into they and never made a dimes profit. Then they bought Volvo for Christs sake...same no profit result, then they were smart enough to buy Rover from BMW after BMW said pubilicly they could not turn a profit on them. They still have not gotten it.

What does all of this have to do with Chebby's supposed superiority of everything? Nothing of course.
It's funny, BrianJ5600 shows that Chebby's superiority really isn't and wasn't, so what do you do? Change the subject.
Somewhere there is a Chevy forum calling your name Mike, answer the call.

And what part of Chevy built the canted valve head 4 years before Ford do you not get?
You go first: how can you claim the canted splayed valve head was a Chevy original when Plymouth introduced the "polysphere" motor in 1955 (as was already pointed out to you)?

318-chamber.jpe

Also already pointed out, Chevy's own '58 and up "W" motor, with the weird in-the-block combustion chamber, had splayed (but not canted) valves:

sucp_0801_09_z+big_block_chevy_engines+flat_head_chambers.jpg

As far as opposed i/e valve arrangements go, the Peugeot Grand Prix team had 'em in 1913, in a 16 valve 7.4 liter dohc four:

13_Peugeot_L-45_RaceCar_DV-06-PBC_e07.jpg

Louis Chevrolet himself had plans to copy this design, after seeing the Peugeot cars at Indy, before William Durant, the founder of GM, forced Chevrolet out of his own company.

I'll say it again, nothing new under the sun.

That's assuming Ford will be around much longer...which I have my doubts.

Sorry to dig up a post from the past. I was researching Cleveland heads when I came across this statement. It's a bit ironic reading it in 2010 when the (nearly immediate) history that followed the statement... well, you all know what happened.

The funny thing is that I bought $1,000's of Ford stock just a few months after this statement. Made an utter, absolute, shameless killing.

I came really close to buying GM stock. Really REALLY glad I didn't.