Best exhaust combo: want something mean

dmeads311

Nov 2, 2005
I have a 89 gt that is mainly stock. It has alot of miles on it and will be replacing the motor soon. As of now it has a mac h-pipe and a flowmaster cat back exhaust. I'm tired of the drone and want something loud and mean. Any suggestions?

I was thinking about the SLP loudmouth exhaust.

• Sponsors (?)

before i got the flowmasters, all there was open headers to a off road h to 3" turn outs in front of the rear wheels. i suggest not doing that tho its loud as hell:D

sounded tight goin under the over passes lol, had a nice echo to it:banana:

I've got shorty headers, catted bassani X-pipe and an SLP Loudmouth 1 cat-back. It's freakin' nasty.

Question....

I was going to try the SLP resonators with my catted BBK H but I was concerned that it would sound kinda trashy. I have Flows now but it's not nearly as loud as it was with my off road MAC H.

Does it have a really good sound at idle or is it kinda like listening to open headers with tail pipes?

Question....

I was going to try the SLP resonators with my catted BBK H but I was concerned that it would sound kinda trashy. I have Flows now but it's not nearly as loud as it was with my off road MAC H.

Does it have a really good sound at idle or is it kinda like listening to open headers with tail pipes?

Idle is actually where it sounds the meanest. The sound of my car reminds me of a cammed 65 or 66 Shelby GT350 that I heard a few years back. When it starts up, car guys turn to see what it is. A friend of mine got a digital video camera for christmas. I'm hoping he'll shoot a video clip for me.

My friend has Long Tubes, off road X and a set of dumped SLPs. The car is about as loud as your going to get, but the sound might not be for everyone. Unlike the newer 4.6s with SLPs the foxes lose their tone with them, and more or less just sound loud and obnoxious. The X pipe helps, and Im sure cats would help also, but they are still loud as can be.

Id like to hear a pair of Borla Stingers on a 5.0. Im sure I have but I think they would sound mean!