BEST FITTING AND SOUNDING EXHAUST~PLEASE HELP RECOMMENDING ONE~

• Sponsors (?)

Well peeps, whatcha want with just one chamber and a case size of ~10"x10"x4" The muffler is there only in case a cop feels like crawling underneath the car after pulling you over for "straight pipes" For which you anser "No mofo, I got me an exhaust, crawl beatch and scope it :lol: ! :owned: " If you are looking for quiet, this is not the one, if you are looking for a deep big block type sounds, yep you just found it! What made me choose it, was my temporary weekend of insanity, when I decided to unbolt the stock mufflers and drive around that way and boy, what sound :hail2: , however, lost waaay too much low end and didn't sound that nice between idle-2500 rpm, kinda like angry farm truck, like bayou billy exhaust. So I went looking for something that would approximate that WOT sound, and this is the closest yet. And it gets better, I think that this exhaust is actually louder at WOT than a straight pipe to my ears :eek: , I don't know how's that possible but it is! It definitely has that chambered muffler sound that is well unbeateable! Plus the price is right! Ninosport.com has them for $325 and free shipping. They have two versions of this exhaust one of automatic and one for manual, one for automatic is quieter, I think has a bigger case and/or more baffles inside, anycase if Grizzly bear gargling with Mobil1 sound is whatcha want IMCO is what you need. However they will drone, but this will be chevy 454 with flowmasters kinda drone which in my opinion is music. Lets just put this way. I only drive my car with windows down, cause it sounds sooooo sweeet :SNSign:

50bomber would you happen to have pics of your cars from behind?.....if not can you answer me 1 question

1. are the mufflers exposed?....can you see them from behind, i know that they are painted black, but do they hang below the bumper?.....just curious and thanks for selling me on this exhaust. i was going to swap over to flows................. but from the sound clips of the imco axle-backs i think im sold.:nice:

vitesse06 said:
50bomber would you happen to have pics of your cars from behind?.....if not can you answer me 1 question

1. are the mufflers exposed?....can you see them from behind, i know that they are painted black, but do they hang below the bumper?.....just curious and thanks for selling me on this exhaust. i was going to swap over to flows................. but from the sound clips of the imco axle-backs i think im sold.:nice:
Yes, they are exposed, but they match perfectly to that thing in the middle of the trunk which I think is the spare tire indentation and they tuck up nicely behind the bumper valence (sp?) Come to think of it, I managed to convince one of my friends to buy it just on hearing it in person, and he bought it for his wife's car. Unfortunately my camera is on strike, but I will ask him if he has any photos of his car with them installed. BTW you WILL like them. They sound just like the [email protected], however I had to dynomat my trunk to get rid of the drone at 70mph, but the tone quality out of a tailpipe is priceless. In fact when I let my friend drive my car around the dragstrip and get on it, I was like :eek: :jaw: dayum that sounds tight! Those tips are chrome, 3.5" inches in diameter, rolled, have a slight upward slant and fill the valence perfectly in a way that they are not too large like most of the 4" exhausts tips' are where you need to be perfect in your tip placement otherwise it will look ghey. Hope it helps....

pics

ok, I managed to scour some pics on IMCOs, these are NOT of my car, courtesy of another mustang website, I cannot mention names, due to fear of being :ban: :SNSign: Forever!!!
Credit to the original poster! Schweet car dude! :drool:
BTW I hope ya'll like burble on decel 'cause between 2000-1500 in gear it sounds like someone slapped dual double pumpers on the beatch or maybe its the wonderful charge motion plates doing the jig in the intake manifold :eek: Cheers mates! I hope whomever gets this exhaust will hide women, children, elderly women and small dogs for fear of social unrest :jester:

Attachments

• PB110705_269.JPG
    PB110705_269.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 157
  • PB110805_2801.JPG
    PB110805_2801.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 135
vitesse06 said:
so now im back with the bassani mufflers and i cannot get them to sit straight, maybe i being a little obessive compulsive on this...., but i hate when a exhaust system is not aligned......(looks so cheap to me)......the muffler shop said something about a large electrical wiring harness being on the driverside making the driverside muffler being a bad fit?:shrug: anyone have this problem?

I have Bassani too. My passenger side was a little off, but I just loosened the clamp rotated it toward the passanger side about 1/4 inch or so and now they are perfect.

Flows are awesome, had them on my 00GT, but I went with Bassani on this mustang

i have the corsa axle backs on my 06.. love em. they are different in their own way but still sound "ballsy" at WOT or even at a higher RPM shift. the entire muffler is stainless steel (strait through design). polished 4" tips looks mean sounds mean. got em on ebay $585 free shipping took 4 days. next move is mid pipe or headers but i havent really done my resaerch on them yet..

i miss my 96 gt. BBK long tubes+ BBK off road X+ flow 40 series+ dumps. = ungodly loud

Now how would those mufflers be illegal, nowhere in the law statue does it say the dimensions of the muffler, it just states that there must be "a muffler" Well presto, :) Eureka, cop crawl on the ground and scope it out for yourself, one exists!:p I think the actual law in cali states that a muffler cannot exceed a certain decibel level on a driveby like 86db or 92db I forget which one I dunno these just may fail :owned: Here in TX most cops are actually kinda friendly as long as you are not out committing felonies with assault rifles, in fact I had one ask me to rev it at a stop light and said "Thats a tight sounding mustang...".
Anyhow, If you are looking for a a kind and gentle exhaust beware, these are ONE CHAMBER FLOWMASTERS. They sound, to paraphrase the latest Car and Driver magazine which I just got in the mail, like this: "...sounds like an angry drunken bear who's just been given a prostate biopsy with a saguaro cactus that knocked his spleen eight inches to the left." :lol: :rlaugh: :D

BTW: IMCO is located in TX hillbilly country just outside Austin, must be some of them German hillbillies :)

I can get an exhaust installed on Saturday..... but which one... the guy recommended the Ford Motorsport exhaust... I am not looking for anything crazy loud... I just want better sounding than stock

I've had my Flows on now for several weeks and I LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!! Louder than stock, but not obnoxious and nice and quiet on highway cruises..until you push your foot down!!!!! I can start my car, go inside the house(cause i forgot something...lol) and able to hear it rumble...

JBA LT's

I started with the JBA Mufflers, the sound was ok. I then decided to get some headers, I thought about getting the shortys, but found out the hp gain was not all that great, so I went with some JBA Long Tubes. The rumble was very old school Muscle Car, WOT you could hear the tone 2 blocks away and thats with the JBA Cats. I ended up putting the stock mufflers back on which give it a very nice rumble without waking up the neighbors. I was not all that impressed with the JBA Mufflers, but there headers where first rate.