Best Heads for 331 stroker

• Sponsors (?)

Ruffrider said:
Ive always been a fan of AFR's. Thats what I would get if I was building a 331 :nice:

I would also go with the AFR 185's...... :nice: Maybe the 205's if you plan on going with a lot of boost but the 185's will do either way....

My friend has a 347 with AFR-185 heads, and I think his car still has plenty of low-end torque. I wonder what the 205's would feel like? Naturally aspirated what kind of intake do you run with 205's? Vic Jr?

As someone stated it really depends on the application...

That said, the 185's are generally a well matched head to a street/strip stroked small block. You can run bigger heads if you're looking at higher powerbands and designing a combo around it but don't get caught in the bigger is better trap that people seem to be falling back into...

:shrug:

It's all about power in the powerband, not peak hp.

Brian

OK guys, got the 185's for my rebuild. Getting a 331 stroker kit. Now I need some suggestions on the airflow side. What size and brand of MAF? TB? EGR? INtake (upper and lower), injector size? And finally cam specs. I'm running an aod with 3.90 gears and 26-10.5-15's. I just got the gears so changing them is not an option right now.

this is a daily driver/ track once in a while.. 331 set for 8.8 compression with 185 AFR heads tfs track heat intake s trim supercharger power pipe 42lb injectors 255 in the tank inline vortech pump 373 gears, aluminum flywheel, was wondering if this combo will have a good low end torque? I had this combo without the s trim an injectors pump on my 302 and my low end SUCKED !!