Best High-po Tranny?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 91redFox, Jan 20, 2014.

1. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

I'm not sure what your setup is (turbo/nitrous), and I don't have quite that much power, but I used to launch hard with the bottle on, and it worked great with the standard 3 on a 10" slick. I stepped up to the solid hub 4+ to make it launch even harder. Surprisingly streetable too. I only launched it a few times with slicks on the street to test it with the 4+, but never at the track.It seemed more aggessive than the 3. I won't be sure untilbI get it on the track though.

Kurt
  2. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

Thats way too much clutch... Those are the common killers of TKO's, look at the pure street combinations, they are running 9's with a clutch similar to a spec stage one, with an aluminum pressure plate and those guys are shimming the PP to make the clutch less aggressive... Most combinations dont need more than a stage 2 clutch, and if you do, you should just pony up for a twin disc that will soften the shock of the clutch and still be able to handle the power being put down. I have run at least 50 10 second passes, and 10-15 9 second passes on a standard ram powergrip, with about 5000 street miles in between and it didnt give up till i tried to leave around 7000 rpms with my new motor.
  3. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I'm thinking I might give this DF CF disk and King Cobra PP a try. I've run a billet steel flywheel since well.... Since the first time I ever replaced a flywheel in a Fox.

You're right though... I don't think I'll need a Spec 3. My problem with the DF CF setup is that they don't seem to last very long. A slightly heavier PP might be the ticket.
  4. 91redFox

91redFox Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I just ordered everything. Went with a DF and a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. Ouch... :cry:$$$$

Should be here tomorrow and I'll get it all in this weekend. Super excited. Will be the first time my car has ran reliably (hopefully) since I got it in December.