Suspension Best Off The Shelf Drag Launch Springs

• Sponsors (?)

What's the best off the shelf drag launch springs. I'm looking for a good stance also.
Usually it's a trade off, do you want the best off the shelf spring or the better stance? Sure, some guys have cut drag springs to get the stance they want but that is less than ideal. Personally, I prefer to switch to coil overs as you can pick the required spring rate and pair that with a good set of adjustable shocks and struts. While my example may be a little extreme, we've been 1.17 60' on the back tire and the car sits killer in my opinion.

Look towards UPR for coil overs if you decide to go that direction!

IMG_20141110_090947987.jpg

IMG_20150102_090540225.jpg

Note: Could we get the car to sit lower? Absolutely, but that would cause the suspension geometry to be upset. We want to go fast while we try to look good :)

Reactions: 1 users
Usually it's a trade off, do you want the best off the shelf spring or the better stance? Sure, some guys have cut drag springs to get the stance they want but that is less than ideal. Personally, I prefer to switch to coil overs as you can pick the required spring rate and pair that with a good set of adjustable shocks and struts. While my example may be a little extreme, we've been 1.17 60' on the back tire and the car sits killer in my opinion.

Look towards UPR for coil overs if you decide to go that direction!

IMG_20141110_090947987.jpg

IMG_20150102_090540225.jpg

Note: Could we get the car to sit lower? Absolutely, but that would cause the suspension geometry to be upset. We want to go fast while we try to look good :)

Thing looks sweet. I have 341 to the wheels and 342 torque just looking for better 60ft it's lowered and that's it obviously that hurting my short time

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg
Team z racing swears by cutting one coil off a stock v8 spring.
Team Z actually started making their own rear spring. It lowers the rear slightly over stock but isn't as drastic as say an Eibach sport spring. @TOOLOW91 and I both run them. I haven't any track times since install though. Jeff is in the 1.60's 60 ft time range if memory serves. I'm running a coilover 14" 175# front spring(purchased from Team Z but it's a hypercoil spring-same as MM sells) and I run strange adj struts and shocks. Team z used to always recommend the stock springs but since getting involved with manufacturing their own..marketing??..they recommend theirs. I know a few cars that are in the 1.teens-1.20's with said springs. A lot cheaper than a rear coilover setup. Just saying. This is the ride height on mine with 275/40 rears.

image.jpeg

Team Z actually started making their own rear spring. It lowers the rear slightly over stock but isn't as drastic as say an Eibach sport spring. @TOOLOW91 and I both run them. I haven't any track times since install though. Jeff is in the 1.60's 60 ft time range if memory serves. I'm running a coilover 14" 175# front spring(purchased from Team Z but it's a hypercoil spring-same as MM sells) and I run strange adj struts and shocks. Team z used to always recommend the stock springs but since getting involved with manufacturing their own..marketing??..they recommend theirs. I know a few cars that are in the 1.teens-1.20's with said springs. A lot cheaper than a rear coilover setup. Just saying. This is the ride height on mine with 275/40 rears.
Might want to check that antifreeze leak :stick::chair::ot:

Thing looks sweet. I have 341 to the wheels and 342 torque just looking for better 60ft it's lowered and that's it obviously that hurting my short time
Tire and spring is important....but it's the whole package.
There are some things that will help any fox,street or strip.
Weld in sub frame connectors,torque box reinforcement and
solid rear control arms will eliminate a lot of twist and deflection.

I run regular eibach lowering pro kit springs up front . Both away bars still in and hooked up . I run team Z drag springs out back . Strange 10 way shocks and struts . My best to date is 1.55 60ft weighing 3480 .

While not outrageously fast it deff is starting to come around . It did pull the 17inch standard front wheel a hair . It does sit pretty aggressive too in my opinion .

d902b41b0d46e1283f0b6ffb71bd5f93.jpg

4f02b50ab68db02f8aa6cf1498a1b06d.png

b2967a439cf8a97b03c4c6395ecda350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I run regular eibach lowering pro kit springs up front . Both away bars still in and hooked up . I run team Z drag springs out back . Strange 10 way shocks and struts . My best to date is 1.55 60ft weighing 3480 .

While not outrageously fast it deff is starting to come around . It did pull the 17inch standard front wheel a hair . It does sit pretty aggressive too in my opinion .

That is pretty quick for a guy on lowering springs.
I'd be pretty happy with that.
Kinda proves you don't need to completely ruin how your car handles to get a decent time with a street car.

I've run 4cyl springs and moroso trick springs.
I though both sucked on the street.

I like the idea of coil overs for drag springs, so if you hate it, it's easy to undo.

Last edited:
That is pretty quick for a guy on lowering springs.
I'd be pretty happy with that.
Kinda proves you don't need to completely ruin how your car handles to get a decent time with a street car.

I've run 4cyl springs and moroso trick springs.
I though both sucked on the street.

I like the idea of coil overs for drag springs, so if you hate it, it's easy to undo.
Thanks man the car still rides decent for what it is . I should've said 3480 with me in it .

Nice car I wish mine hooked like that. What's done to yours and rwhp? What you running in the 1/4

Dart block , stroker , blown . 5 speed car that I drive everywhere . Makes 581 to the tire on 13psi with an anemic blower .

That pass was on an 80 degree day in not the greatest air - drove to the track , lowered air pressure adjusted shocks and went 1.55 60' , 100 mph to 1/8 , 10.86 at 128 with the clutch slipping when I shifted 3rd .

The tune up is still very mild in it . Just having some fun .