Best Sounding Exhaust?

Chris-go-fast

Mar 27, 2006
I am new to the site, and was wondering what exhaust would sound best on my 01 GT? Price doesnt matter, also what catback would give me the most gains? Ive read that flowmaster is the worst flowing wheras SLP LM is the best? School me Mustang Guru's

• Sponsors (?)

LM1 is very loud for a catback and sounds great, but add an O/R X and it sound f'n horrible! (Helty has a sound clip to prove it!) I have LM2 on my car, and they are still pretty loud but they have a nice rumble to em'. Especially when you floor it. With the headers and X it sounds awesome!! As for Flowmasters sucking at flow? I've never heard that but a lot of people prefer bassani or magnaflow over Flowmasters. Don't worry someone else will chime in.

For me, it's all about the Borla Stinger cat back, sounds great. I went to mustangexhaust.com, to hear the different mid-pipes, the MAC prochamber H-pipe sounded the best, IMO. I prefer the deeper rumble, but like it was mentioned before, it's all about personal preference.:nice:

Best quality exhaust, bar-none: SLP

Love the sound of the Loudmouths (dont get that :taco: LM2 crap) :p But if i were starting fresh, i'd do this:

SLP Longtube headers
Mac-Prochamber Midpipe (or any H-pipe, i wouldn't get another X)
SLP Loudmouth Cat Back

:nice:

Here is a fun exhaust clip =)

Nitrolew's GT (from modulardepot.com)
- SLP Longtube headers
- O/R X pipe
- SLP Loudmouth Catback :D
(a blower and stage 2 cams of course too) hehe