Best sounding mufflers on a 5.0

Flows are the most popular for a reason. They just sound good. Mac has a nice sound as well.

i went with the Frpp headers, magnaflow catted h and american thunder cat back. i believe those are the two chambers. Sounds great.

• Sponsors (?)

Katmandu said:
Yea, but how many run Flowmaster 40 Series "DELTA" FLOWS??

Seems MOST folks don't know what the hell DELTAS FLOWS are!!

Deltas have the disctinctive Flowmaster sound WITHOUT the dreaded 2k DRONE!! No Drone to speak of PERIOD !!!

I LOVE the way they sound and get compliments on them everywhere I go!

Get DELTAS!! You won't regret it! :D

Deltas 40's still do have the 2k drone. especially if you use a catted h-pipe. Check out the Super 40's, they are 10xs better. I switched from Delta 40's to these and the sound and performance is much better. The drone is less with an off road pipd now it is between 2500-3000 rpms. The Super 40's also have the delta flow technology. I think its on almost every flowmaster now. The Super 40's have a very deep bass sound at idle and cruising, but sound like a normal 40 when on the throttle.

i dont know for sure, but i've heard that a good set of aftermarket heads, or ported n polished stock heads can really increase the beastlyness of the sound of your exhaust. I guess cuz theyre intake and exhaust holes are bigger, flowing alot more exhaust, increases it... Is this true?
Paul Perreca

Paul Perreca said:
i dont know for sure, but i've heard that a good set of aftermarket heads, or ported n polished stock heads can really increase the beastlyness of the sound of your exhaust. I guess cuz theyre intake and exhaust holes are bigger, flowing alot more exhaust, increases it... Is this true?
Paul Perreca

Good heads and an intake will change the sound of an engine.

Katmandu said:
Yea, but how many run Flowmaster 40 Series "DELTA" FLOWS??

Seems MOST folks don't know what the hell DELTAS FLOWS are!!

Deltas have the disctinctive Flowmaster sound WITHOUT the dreaded 2k DRONE!! No Drone to speak of PERIOD !!!

I LOVE the way they sound and get compliments on them everywhere I go!

Get DELTAS!! You won't regret it! :D

I have them on both my cars.

I often find myself turning down the radio and cracking a window to hear my exhaust sometimes. To me it's too quiet, but i had a buddy drive my car so i could hear it and it was LOUD on the outside.

ANyway i still think FLows sound the best. :nice:

The "best" sound is relative. Each person has their own preference, so something that may sound great to one person, sounds like crap to another.

That being said, I'm very happy how my car sounds with the GT40 intake / heads, FRPP ceramic headers, SS Bassani OR X, and flowmaster 3 chambers. I'm converting to all SS though since I drive my car up here in these New England winters, and road salt eats aluminized pipe, so I'll probably go with the Magnaflow SS kit...

:)

I have 2 chamber flows with long tube headers and i love the sound, quite enough just cruising but opens right up when you step on it. I also like the sound of magna flow mufflers, fact is the more power you make the louder your exhaust is going to be, you can have a full system on a stock engine that maybe hits 90 decibles, while the same system on a 350 horse engine will make 96 decibles, all depends on each persons setup.

legalize420gt95 said:
what is drone

Drone is a resonance that is a by product of a chambered muffler design. It usual occurs in the 2000-3000 rpm range. It kind of sounds like a hum. If it's bad enough you may actually feel it. Flowmasters (sometimes called drone-masters) are notorious for it. MAC does it too. Others do it as well. I have MagnaFlow's and they have a very slight drone, but not bothersome at all.

Some people like the drone. Others hate it.

It's hard to explain what it is exactly.

I've got a Mac prochamber and Mac catback, I think it sounds awesome, not really too loud at idle but you step on the gas and holy crap is it ever loud. And yes it has a pretty noticeable drone which I can't stand but I just shift and it's gone! LOL

goinbigger said:
I've got a Mac prochamber and Mac catback, I think it sounds awesome, not really too loud at idle but you step on the gas and holy crap is it ever loud. And yes it has a pretty noticeable drone which I can't stand but I just shift and it's gone! LOL

The drone is worse with a MAC H-pipe. I speak from first hand experience. I had the Pro-Chamber before the H-pipe.

goinbigger said:

mac pro chamber,mac catback :nice: what about the headers

I love my Dynomax catback with Ultra Flow SS mufflers (I think I have those mufflers). It sounds great with my MAC equal length headers and my Catted H-Pipe. Nice and deep at idle and mean when I get on it :D I do have the drone, but I love it, especially when I set off car alarms :D