Best Under Drive Pullies...

• Sponsors (?)

There hasn't been a set of pulleys that have been named superior the the other. I, as well of most others like the ASP designs because they are aluminum and lighter than the stockers. They haven't been proven to produce more power than the FMS or March pulley sets.

Joe

I think what you mean is the minimum possible circumference. The crank pulley is what produces most of the power, and you want that to be as small as possible. Anyhow, no, I wouldn't sell your pulleys. It wouldn't be worth it. If you were to pick up any power, it would be less than 2 horsepower.

Joe

i have MAC's and i like them, was definatly a noticeable difference in power. i havnt tried any other brands but i dont think it would make all that much of a difference :shrug:

Joes95GT said:
There hasn't been a set of pulleys that have been named superior the the other. I, as well of most others like the ASP designs because they are aluminum and lighter than the stockers. They haven't been proven to produce more power than the FMS or March pulley sets.

Joe

I beg to differ with you Joe. I have seen better gains from ASP pulleys than any others. I went from 14.96 at 91.5 to 14.5 at 94.89 with nothing more than ASP alum. pulleys. I have not seen that from any of the others. If you have, please correct me.

Killercanary said:
I beg to differ with you Joe. I have seen better gains from ASP pulleys than any others. I went from 14.96 at 91.5 to 14.5 at 94.89 with nothing more than ASP alum. pulleys. I have not seen that from any of the others. If you have, please correct me.
Paul, you could be right. What I meant (but didn't say) is that since all U/D pulley sets have all of the same sizes (circumferences), the only real power difference would come from the weight of the pulley because all the underdriven accessories are all moving at the same speed with a different pulley. I have personally seen a set of FMS right next to a March set and they were both the exact same, so those are the two that I am basing my comparison off of. If ASP pulleys have different sizes than FMS and MAC, then there is where the extra power is from. Otherwise, it is all in the weight of the material.

WHOA! After re-reading my post, I think some people would have a hard time understanding it. Sorry if you do, but that is the best I can do. I suck at describing stuff.

Joe

no problems with my car running hot but my alt dosent fully charge when im sitting at lights for a few seconds but as soon as the RPM's go above 900 it goes back to normal

I whould have thought that with the bigger alternator on the 94-95 cars that there whould be no charging problems. My old 91 LX 5.0 with asp's didn't like to charge much at all unless you were cruzing at 70. :notnice: