Best way to dewing a New Edge?

• Sponsors (?)

Luckily on a 99/00 the holes don't go into the trunk itself, so no water will get inside even if you do not plug them.

I would suggest finding some push pins of the correct size, hit them with some touch up paint per your paint code, or at least a close match.

It will look fine. Screw paying $$$ out the arse unless its a show car.

you can get little plastic plugs at home depot, here is what you need:

64058292.jpg

How about trying to find a deck lid from a V6 at a salvage yard? You may have to buy the 3 step clean/polish stuff but you won't have plugs showing. Plus, if you want to go back you just swap the deck lid.

Posted via Mobile Device

i pulled my steeda wing off about 4 days ago. i think i will keep it like this for a while. i went and bought the push plugs for it for now. if i like it for the long term i will get them filled.

i recommend doing the plugs for now to make sure u like it.

im waiting for my non matching red paint to dry right now. i didnt even get the right kind of paint, just somthing laying around my house. not even sure it will stay on. lol!

I have the hole plugs in mine, but the paint under the wing was jacked and the paint around the holes is chipping. I'm taking it to a great shop here in Denver. I was quoted anywhere from a basic $499 on up to $1200 (at the same shop) depending on if its just the lid, or going as far as blending into the quarter panels, etc. Good luck with the decision!

you can get little plastic plugs at home depot, here is what you need:

64058292.jpg

I ran these same plastic plugs with my GT when I 1st de-winged it. I went the extra mile and sanded and painted them before installing them. When I got rear-ended last March, I took the opportunity to have it done right. My body shop hooked me up with a proper no wing trunklid :hail2:

Attachments

• 64058292.jpg
    64058292.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 47
I've said it before, but push pins and carriage bolts look like ****. Believe me, I tried them both.

1. Go to a vinyl decal shop (the type that makes decals or signs), and get some pre cut circles a little larger than the holes on the decklid.
2. Paint the circles while still on the paper sheet with touch up paint.
3. Let the paint dry.
4. Carefully peel the circles off the paper sheet.
5. Stick to the trunk lid.

I had my lid this way for years, and you can't even tell until you come really close to the trunk to see that it isn't filled. With the bolts or plugs, you will always see those ugly lumps on the trunk.