Better 4.6

• Sponsors (?)

One of the main things is that my dad has a mark 8 and is considering getting rid of it and that's part of what brought upon the question, the 05 part was really just something to compare it to. I think outside of the box and ask a lot of questions, just to ask them, so let's calm down with what u think I can and can't do and answer the damn question.

Well, many of the older engines are easier than an 05 and newer.

Mark 8's are pretty good for the swap if it's the DOHC 4.6.
But the engine must be in perfect running order.
A modular engine that needs to be rebuilt is a money pit.

The cheapest easiest swap is probably done with a donor 99-04 mustang gt.
The difficulty is in the wiring, the rest is almost bolt in (assuming you take the k member too).

The mark8 motor will need a lot of work to be competative. Pm lasersvt. He spends more time than is healthy with his mark. He can tell you what is available to you on your budget.

32v bottom end with ported pi 2v heads... will be different and run better

It runs really hard, thats for sure, and its extremely cheap, but just bolt ons will make more power on the 4v, and you can run 89 if ya have too..

I say get a mark motor, throw some good cams in it, and a ported short runner intake off a cobra, and have fun making 320+ at the wheels, and 7000rpm.

The mark8 motor will need a lot of work to be competative. Pm lasersvt. He spends more time than is healthy with his mark. He can tell you what is available to you on your budget.

negative, you need, cobra intake cams, and a cobra intake, and you have a cobra engine, with a lighter crank, so it will PROBABLY make more power, and they are like $300 bux.. so for around $8-900 bux have a good strong engine..

Honestly my skill level is probably a 4 or 5. I 've done a lot of work on both mustangs I've had to keep them running and get them back running(fuel pump, alternator, starter, power steering pump, etc.) I just haven't ever swapped an engine or done any transmission work besides changing the fluid. And I'm glad everyone's leaning towards the mark because I was pretty much set on that anyways. And I'm good as long as I get over 300 hp. Now I'm wondering when I would start this or if I even will.

Honestly my skill level is probably a 4 or 5. I 've done a lot of work on both mustangs I've had to keep them running and get them back running(fuel pump, alternator, starter, power steering pump, etc.) I just haven't ever swapped an engine or done any transmission work besides changing the fluid. And I'm glad everyone's leaning towards the mark because I was pretty much set on that anyways. And I'm good as long as I get over 300 hp. Now I'm wondering when I would start this or if I even will.

Here's the best advice you will get.
DO NOT take a single thing apart on your car, until you have EVERY part necessary for a swap.
That's means everything, not most of the stuff, not half the stuff, everything.
Because if you do, you may land up with 2 piles of junk.

It runs really hard, thats for sure, and its extremely cheap, but just bolt ons will make more power on the 4v, and you can run 89 if ya have too..

I say get a mark motor, throw some good cams in it, and a ported short runner intake off a cobra, and have fun making 320+ at the wheels, and 7000rpm.

you know what kind of compression you come out with with the ported 2v PI heads on the 32V bottom end? its up near around 12.5:1 if i remember right.

high compression 2v> bolt on 4V