better flow right out of the box: trickflow or AFR ?

• Sponsors (?)

IntenseBlue said:
MM&FF May 2002 pg. 215-222. They made 19 more hp, and 10 more lbs-trq and beat them all the way across the board from 3000-6500rpm. That's 90% more than what you mentioned.

excuse my confusion....."they made 19 more hp and 10more lb and beat them all across the board..."

what heads beat what?

-sorry

on a 302/306 they make very similar power numbers. The 165's have a more useable powerband. Keep the 165's...

enough said...we arent talking what if's and bigger cubes. He will easily hit the 300 whp mark with those heads given the right cam. he would also hit the same mark if he used the TW's. He WANTS at least 300 whp guys! easily achieved by both heads...and he has purchased AFR's and those will do the job well. end of story!

So what if AFR's have a good internet rep:s

Many people bought AFR's. Many of those people have access to the internet. Many people post their results and thoughts about AFR's on the internet. I guess that means they have a "good internet rep". What makes that not ligit?

Ask Ed Curtis if he just thinks AFR's are good on the net and not the track? Ask Keith Craft...ask others...I think you'll get some pretty "internet" opinions on that:)

89white50 said:
enough said...we arent talking what if's and bigger cubes. He will easily hit the 300 whp mark with those heads given the right cam. he would also hit the same mark if he used the TW's. He WANTS at least 300 whp guys! easily achieved by both heads...and he has purchased AFR's and those will do the job well. end of story!

:D

Never said it wasn't legit, i just said they are no better than TW's. Twisted wedges are older, and don't get as much hype.
320 with both sets box stock isn't unreasonable on a stock shortblock.
But with limited track numbers on the afr's and the fact that pretty much nobody puts them on their race car, in any version, i'd say the extra $200 isn't worth it. Unless you really want them. Which is fine, people have their preferences.
You are paying for the name.
Funny, i've seen alot of timeslips and combos, and the fastest NA stock shortblock regular street car i've ever seen went 11.80's@116, and that was with gt40x heads and an e cam, so maybe we are all wrong.

IntenseBlue said:
MM&FF May 2002 pg. 215-222. They made 19 more hp, and 10 more lbs-trq and beat them all the way across the board from 3000-6500rpm. That's 90% more than what you mentioned.

Maybe thats becuase I was talking about a different article, the one thats posted on AFR's website: MM&FF's The Ultimate Guide to Cylinder Heads series.

I know what you were referring too. I know you were talking about a different article. No ****. I mentioned a different article, you wanted to know what it was. I told you what it was and now I'm lost as to what you're trying to say.

If you were referring to post #43, try looking at #42. He wanted to know what was going on with the page #s I listed. I informed him of what it was.

I know every combo is different and I'm pretty sure I stated that in one of my posts so as he wouldn't just go off of one article. You provided a head comparison, I provided another with the same heads being featured, which confirms my conclusion in the first sentence of this paragraph.

If I took your reply the wrong way, let me know. Not trying to be a dick, but the way I read it you were.

IntenseBlue said:
I know what you were referring too. I know you were talking about a different article. No ****. I mentioned a different article, you wanted to know what it was. I told you what it was and now I'm lost as to what you're trying to say.

If you were referring to post #43, try looking at #42. He wanted to know what was going on with the page #s I listed. I informed him of what it was.

I know every combo is different and I'm pretty sure I stated that in one of my posts so as he wouldn't just go off of one article. You provided a head comparison, I provided another with the same heads being featured, which confirms my conclusion in the first sentence of this paragraph.

If I took your reply the wrong way, let me know. Not trying to be a dick, but the way I read it you were.

How about a compromise and say a 10-20hp difference between the two?

vikingpower said:
:eek: Am I reading that right? $1515?????

you can get them cheaper if you buy a used set...

i have a problem with dishonest people though and they they seem to be drawn to me. id rather just pay a little more and get a new set. wont have to worry about it that way.