BFG KDWS

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
Well, I need tires and my plan is to get four BFG KDWS in size 275/40-17.

I can get them for $180 each from Discount Tire.

Sound good? The car will absolutely be driven in the snow...

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I need tires and my plan is to get four BFG KDWS in size 275/40-17.

I can get them for $180 each from Discount Tire.

Sound good? The car will absolutely be driven in the snow...
Is this a typo KT? The KDWS isn't the best choice for snow of course, but if that wasn't a typo I wouldn't think you'd be daily driving it the snow would you? Maybe just on a rare occasion? That tire is rated as "Good" in light snow & ice, but only fair in deep snow.

U.M.

From what I understand the BFG KDW is a good all season performance tire.

From what I understand the BFG KDWS is a better choice for cars that will be driven in the snow.

Is this not correct? My car is a daily driver.

goodyears rock,dont care much for what we read bad other than thier pricing,i switched to bfg-kdw275fr/285rear, born and raised in nj i learned to drive in the snow,and wide tires dont work,to much resistance on front tires,,and if it wasnt for traction control car would even drive,first incline and your screwed. do 315 fit on stock wheel?

I also have heard good things about the Eagle F1s I just wanted you to know about those reviews...

Anyways, they are simply too expensive for me its not gonna happen. When I put tires on my Mustang GT they were $99 each, too bad I cannot find a deal like that for the Cobra.

I think I will go with BFG KDW or BFG KDWS. The tread pattern is much nicer on the KDW...

Well, I got the BFG KDWS installed this morning in the stock size. They were about $780 installed for all four. I have only put a few miles on them so far but they seem very nice :nice: There is nothing like new tires or dampers :banana:

My whole garage smells like new tires now, its awesome :drool:

Those D3's felt soft, I saw them on a GT at a trans shop. The treadwear was only 220 I think.

Nittos are 100
BFG drags are 0, and some are 00.
KDWS is Dry, Wet, Snow....they handled great in the rain for me, and great at the strip.

I had some 235-45-R17 Pirelli snow tires. They worked decent I guess. You still need sand in your trunk. I had to drive my Cobra in February of 2001, and it wasn't too bad.

wtf is a KDWS?
Right from tirerack.com...

g-Force T/A KDWS

In order to round out the g-Force T/A family, BFGoodrich wanted a tire that provided performance driving fun year round (even in snow) and developed the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS (Key benefits: Dry, Wet and Snow) to combine Ultra High Performance with All-Season traction. g-Force T/A tires are BFGoodrich’s flagship family of performance tires which includes everything from racing radials for the SCCA Trans Am Championship and DOT Legal Competition tires, to Max Performance and Ultra High Performance "summer" street tires.
The g-Force T/A KDWS uses a new tread compound molded into an asymmetric tread design with large, stable outer shoulder tread blocks to enhance dry traction while its inner independent tread blocks enhance wet road grip and light snow traction. Together, the tread compound and tread design help evacuate water from between the tire’s contact patch and the road to enhance wet grip when braking (it earns the highest "AA" UTQG Traction Rating) and cornering. Internally, the g-Force T/A KDWS’s polyester cord body incorporates BFGoodrich’s g-Control Sidewall inserts to enhance steering response and twin steel belts to deliver cornering stability. Additionally, the steel belts are reinforced with BFGoodrich’s ETEC (Equal Tension Containment System) spiral wound nylon to provide high speed durability while minimizing weight and maximizing ride qualities.
<!-- Product form include --><!--Begin Product offering-->
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KDWS

Google is your friend... you two should introduce yourselves. :D

I have had the BFG KDWS on for a week or so now and the are very nice. Drove them in some VERY heavy rain with no problems! Cannot wait to see how they do in the snow...