Blue Oval Industries Concern

• Sponsors (?)

i baught a set for my explorer and im having the same problem. there just built like chit. pretty soon everything you buy will be like that b/c we are so determined to buy on price that only the Chinese can produce products for americans

RsStanG1987 said:
How did mold form in 3 months? Mold dosent even form in the stock lights that are 19 years old. I dont buy your story of mold.

You don't have to buy the story, I'm posting pics of the headlights. As some other people have stated (which I agree with) I've bought knock-off repro headlights that obviously don't seal like an OEM Ford product would. The stock headlights I took out had no leaks or mold inside, they were just the typical "yellowed" headlights from being sunfaded. And just an FYI, mold grows very rapidly. As long as theres some type of humidity, sunlight or heat, and a suitable surface to grow on, mold shows up relatively quickly. Mold grows much like algea in a fish tank or swimming pool. In this case, from the first time the headlight had water in it to when I noticed the mold was about 3 weeks. The car is daily driven so it is exposed to the elements. The day I called regarding the mold was the 1 day after my warranty ended. Here are the pics of the headlights taken at 5:52pm, Wednesday, September 27, 2006: View attachment 437563 View attachment 437564
P1010194.jpg
P1010195.jpg

I had the same issue with dell, but i called a week before my warranty expired. they dilly dallied around and finally sent me another hard drive... the one they sent me was broke and they wouldnt replace it. and said that since the warranty is up now, that they couldnt do anything. im going to talk to a lawyer about it though.

FarBeyondDriven said:
I had the same issue with dell, but i called a week before my warranty expired. they dilly dallied around and finally sent me another hard drive... the one they sent me was broke and they wouldnt replace it. and said that since the warranty is up now, that they couldnt do anything. im going to talk to a lawyer about it though.

Thats too bad also, considering the reputation Dell has. The advice I have been given from my third party has said that in my situation where the mold was present, it was obviously present before the warranty ended and as long as the damage occured before the warranty ended, the warranty is liable for replacement or correction. I'm going to give it a few more days and see if anything legitimate comes of this or not. If not, I may pursue further, I don't know. It really just depends on the circumstances.

A buddy got a set at Carlisle and the holes for the light plugs were molded backwards. We took them back and they gave us another set.....same problem. So we cut the one tab out that was not supposed to be there and they worked great. The car has been out side since then and no fog or leaks. The one guy was pretty nice at there booth, other than the rest of the dumbass kids working the booth I thought they seemed pretty good.

i've bought alot of stuff from boi and some of there stuff is cheap but you get what you pay for.one of my headlights draws alittle moisture but for the price who can really complain.john has treated me well in the past and i will continue to buy certain things from him.