BMW M6 vs 5.0

They tell you to take it to the track that is open one night a week and is jam packed and over priced all for one run. Yup, can get my fix there; NOT.

****ing right Ive said that so many times. Pay 30$ to watch the sponsored guys get to hot lap while I sit there for 4 hrs and get 3 runs? No thanks. I used to go to the track all the time, but now i just go when I got somethin new.

• Sponsors (?)

ok cry baby let me educate you. Quick= 0-70/100 Fast= 100-160mph. you can be quick but not fast and also be fast but not quick. both qualities are hard to come by without either +++ $$$$ or sacrafices in either quality. all i was saying was that with a little more road ie.... a highway/ autobahn (germany) / autostrada (italy) you would be more than likely screaming @ 130mph watching M6 tail lights fade. that's how most BMW's are. handling with a good balance of speed and lots of top end torque. you must lastely take into consideration that you built your car and therefore the likely hood of your car internally malfunctioning is more probable than a 06 M6! i own 2 88 GT's, (1) 03 325i, (1) 05 M3 (Turboed), and a dodge 5.9 truck. all are quick and some are fast but most importantly they each have qualities but not one can have all. laters!

GT500=500hp, 12.9 @ 112 (3896 lbs)
Vette=400hp, 12.8 @ 113 (3280 lbs)

Coincidentally, they mentioned the M6 and said it has 500hp, weighs 12 pounds more than gt500 and goes 12.4 @ 121

500hp for 12s???? :doh:

****ing right Ive said that so many times. Pay 30$ to watch the sponsored guys get to hot lap while I sit there for 4 hrs and get 3 runs? No thanks. I used to go to the track all the time, but now i just go when I got somethin new.

I agree. I've never been to the track, but I will probably only go once in the spring when my car is stock, then once when the h/c/i is done just to get times. My closest track is a few hours away, and I don't see going there all the time for a couple runs.

ok cry baby let me educate you. Quick= 0-70/100 Fast= 100-160mph. you can be quick but not fast and also be fast but not quick. both qualities are hard to come by without either +++ $$$$ or sacrafices in either quality. all i was saying was that with a little more road ie.... a highway/ autobahn (germany) / autostrada (italy) you would be more than likely screaming @ 130mph watching M6 tail lights fade. that's how most BMW's are. handling with a good balance of speed and lots of top end torque. you must lastely take into consideration that you built your car and therefore the likely hood of your car internally malfunctioning is more probable than a 06 M6! i own 2 88 GT's, (1) 03 325i, (1) 05 M3 (Turboed), and a dodge 5.9 truck. all are quick and some are fast but most importantly they each have qualities but not one can have all. laters!

Oh I see so your opinion = fact? lol.

I beat a car and you tell me....well if you had 15 miles of open road he would have definitally beat you! Thats like saying after 2 guys box, a fat guy and a well built experianced boxer, well if it were an eating contest the fat guy would have definitally won! Or maybe hes good at spelling, if it were a spelling bee, he would have totally beat you!

Oh I see so your opinion = fact? lol.

I beat a car and you tell me....well if you had 15 miles of open road he would have definitally beat you! Thats like saying after 2 guys box, a fat guy and a well built experianced boxer, well if it were an eating contest the fat guy would have definitally won! Or maybe hes good at spelling, if it were a spelling bee, he would have totally beat you!

ok you blew that way out of proportion. :lol: atleast i kept it to 2 types of racing :shrug: anyways man i would love to argue all day but that's what i have a wife for. nice kill :nice:

Yeah, but if you had raced cross country, you would have run out of gas first, so your car sucks:rlaugh: Or, if you had raced to 160, you would lose because you car can't go that fast:D But you didn't and you spanked a 100k car, good job:nice: I don't see why people think that is so difficult, that car with a professional driver runs 12.4, your car is capable of times similar to that. Good story and good kill:)