BMW M6 vs 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

I don't find this story hard to believe at all. I don't believe that after a 1/4 mile run you would still be ahead with his 114 mph trap, but with your set up and your gearing, I would put money on the stang for the hole shot.

Good kill.

I don't find this story hard to believe at all. I don't believe that after a 1/4 mile run you would still be ahead with his 114 mph trap, but with your set up and your gearing, I would put money on the stang for the hole shot.

Good kill.

Yeah I dont disagree that had we been on the highway with more room for that thing it would have out ran once he really started to wind out his gears. Thing sounded sick too btw.

i drive those things at work, just looking at the rotors make me scared. they are so quick. the M5's just started coming in. man are they nice cars. again there rotors are bigger than my wheels. i really like those simi-manual tranny things the m5s have with the automatic clutch.

nice job. i like top end kit cars. my friend is getting a 96-98 cobra motor, ecu, and trans for his 96 gt for around 2500 dollars, and having somone swap it for 1000. and im like, give me 2.200 dollars and a week off to put it on and my tfs kitted car can run with you :nice:

TFS kit ftw. Such a great kit, I still love it. They are so good because you can build off them so well, my friend with the 351 turbo car is still using TFS TW's! ported to hell of course.
TFS kit spoken here too. Definitely ftw. The trickflow kit has some pretty nice components going for it. The 351 turbo car will make a ton of power with a kit like the TFS even unported. Port flow is important but when your running a lot of boost it doesnt make as much a difference as it does naturally aspirated.

Ps. Im really thinkin my car doesnt go as fast as it should do to the gearing on that damn t5.

E63 M6's are slugs out of the hole. i think my wifes prelude would put 2 cars on it up to 35.

i have a hard time believing the 114(i would say from my butt dyno at least 119) trap speed. they flat out move when you get 80+ mph.

good kill.

i'm not trying to kill your glory i just "think" with a little more room to run you would've been left behind. Remember the difference between "quick" and "Fast"! you're car may be quick but not fast.......:nice:

i'm not trying to kill your glory i just "think" with a little more room to run you would've been left behind. Remember the difference between "quick" and "Fast"! you're car may be quick but not fast.......:nice:

umm lol....I also have another 125 shot that I did not touch. I might be quick but not fast, thats funny. Youre another one of those people that think no matter what else is done to the car, if another car has more horsepower its always "faster" than you. Regardless if he can put it to the ground or if he weighs 2 tons....what your saying makes no sense lol. Racing is not just about how much power you have.

umm lol....I also have another 125 shot that I did not touch. I might be quick but not fast, thats funny. Youre another one of those people that think no matter what else is done to the car, if another car has more horsepower its always "faster" than you. Regardless if he can put it to the ground or if he weighs 2 tons....what your saying makes no sense lol. Racing is not just about how much power you have.
You gotta understand that he knows everything about your car and how it drives, has ridden in it etc. You built it for him. Personally I think that anything faster then 12.9 is pretty fuggin fast. People get so desensitized with 500 hp figures for cars and 10 sec 1/4s and this and that. Most people dont realize how fast a car running a 12.5 really is. I love the people that say my car is **** and I dumped money into it and its slow and then I take them for a ride and they go reaching for something to hold onto.
I do however think that m6 would take a h/c/i car on the highway no problem at all. high speeds is way better in a car like that. As it should at 70 grand. Still doesnt change the fact that the torque curve on M v10s is weak until high rpms.

You gotta understand that he knows everything about your car and how it drives, has ridden in it etc. You built it for him. Personally I think that anything faster then 12.9 is pretty fuggin fast. People get so desensitized with 500 hp figures for cars and 10 sec 1/4s and this and that. Most people dont realize how fast a car running a 12.5 really is. I love the people that say my car is **** and I dumped money into it and its slow and then I take them for a ride and they go reaching for something to hold onto.
I do however think that m6 would take a h/c/i car on the highway no problem at all. high speeds is way better in a car like that. As it should at 70 grand. Still doesnt change the fact that the torque curve on M v10s is weak until high rpms.

Yeah Im not doubting at all that the thing will take me on the highway if we had umm like 3 miles of straight highway lol, but theres all those stupid if/and/but. Just like if you race a 1000hp supra that spins all day in a 300hp car that hooks and you rape him, whos car is the better car?

More proof that it's not all about max hp...today I was reading an article about the 07 Mustang GT500 vs 06 Vette (normal Vette, not z06).

GT500=500hp, 12.9 @ 112 (3896 lbs)
Vette=400hp, 12.8 @ 113 (3280 lbs)

Coincidentally, they mentioned the M6 and said it has 500hp, weighs 12 pounds more than gt500 and goes 12.4 @ 121

Here's a link to the article if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213962

Yes it's on a Chevy (truck) forum...I was reading for info on my fuel pump (fuel pumps are $279 for stock replacement from autozone for my truck; summit=$370)

I never stop being amazed by the what if comments on forums.

What if you had to run for 10 miles flat out; dude you so would have lost.

What if the M6 could have rev'd up faster or some other BS, or the driver must have sucked.

I have also played with cars that have been equally weighted and have more hp than I do and put a solid car or two on them.

Here's the thing, sure you can build an 800 hp shelby cobra, but you wanna know something, if you can dead hook your fox from a light and run it up to 60 while the azz hat behind you is just getting going, guess what, you just spanked his azz.

I really could care less going from an 80 mph roll and racing to 160+ mph. If I lived in Germany where those speed were better utilized, I would throw the 3.08 gear back in my car, but guess what 9 out of 10 races are from a light or a low roll.

800 hp doesn't do anyone any good if you can't plant it.

800 hp that you can't plant on the street is the equivalent of playing pool with a piece of rope. (nicely stated)

Then you have the ultimate: Most states are getting so darn picky with racing they will take your car away from you and you get to put your thumb out for a ride home and sky rocketed insurance rates.

They tell you to take it to the track that is open one night a week and is jam packed and over priced all for one run. Yup, can get my fix there; NOT.