Boat People

• Sponsors (?)

Great purchase! That looks like some good times could be had on that. I live on a lake and you can't beat a nice day on the boat out on the water. You could get some serious fishin done on that cruiser. Have fun and good luck with the fixings!

Dat thar is a big arse boat!

I'd love to have a boat like that and be able to just disappear into the sea for a weekend or something.

I have a 18' bowrider that we bought new a few years back. Was nice buying new since it has caused us no trouble since....but the payment and resale value suck! Part of me wants to sell it and get it out of my hair, but every time I get out on the lake and do some fishing or kneeboarding...I remember why I love the water so much.

Yeah I have grown up on and around boats... got to a point where I wanted one, and this is what I got. I wanted something I could spend a long weekend on with the GF and some friends and not feel cramped. But also wanted something I could bring home and work on/store in the off season. This boat is a good size to do both. Narrow enough beam to tow without permits, but large enough inside to be comfy with a few people. Big enough cockpit with enough seats for me and 6-8 friends, yet enough power to run 30 mph easily, or tow a tuber around!

Yeah the diesel would have been first choice, but the only close diesel I found when I was shopping was $8000 more money (before the economy took a dump BTW). I couldn't warrant spending $8000 more, so I picked this one up, well below book value, and it seems to move the enclosed trailer, open trailer and boat without any issues.

Yeah I have grown up on and around boats... got to a point where I wanted one, and this is what I got. I wanted something I could spend a long weekend on with the GF and some friends and not feel cramped. But also wanted something I could bring home and work on/store in the off season. This boat is a good size to do both. Narrow enough beam to tow without permits, but large enough inside to be comfy with a few people. Big enough cockpit with enough seats for me and 6-8 friends, yet enough power to run 30 mph easily, or tow a tuber around!

Yeah the diesel would have been first choice, but the only close diesel I found when I was shopping was $8000 more money (before the economy took a dump BTW). I couldn't warrant spending $8000 more, so I picked this one up, well below book value, and it seems to move the enclosed trailer, open trailer and boat without any issues.

yeah i bought my truck 3 years ago for 15k with 100k miles on it, well before the economy took a **** and they were still having many issues with the 6.0's at the time cheapest truck i could find similar was around 20-22k

Yeah park a 27' boat 3' in the air behind a much smaller vehicle and it looks big. Stick it in the water next to other similar sized boats, or larger ones, and it looks normal.

My neighbor has a 33' Cruisers Inc he trailers... Now that boat looks HUGE on the road/driveway.

Lookin good man! I got my boat fixed, there was water getting into the exhaust throught the riser/manifold gasket surface. I welded it up and got it all sealed up with a homemade gasket and high temp silicone. Ran her around for 7 hours yesterday on the lake and the temp never got over 170 degrees. Just gotta fix up the interior and sell it before something else goes wrong with that OMC Stern Drive. My next door neighbor has a 21' Sea Ray Cuddy Cabin with a HUGE 3.6L four banger in it I would like to get.

Get that puppy out on the water and get some wet pictures of that baby!

Jesse,

I think you mean a 3.7L 4cyl. My boat has two of them. They have BAD reputations for some issues, but I guess if you keep up with them and treat them right, they are good motors. Lots of power for their size. The head is basically a Ford 460 head, as are the pistons and rods.

I plan to haul ass on the motors very soon. I would love to splash it this fall. Maybe a couple of test runs. First time out will be a short sea trial in the river. But I would like a day on the water with it.

Got more pictures today.

Foam: This is the foam that will make up the Vberth (very forward bed area for the land people), settee (small couch or sofa for the land people) and the aft cabin (bed under neath the helm).

View attachment 248514

Fabric: The Blue patterned fabric will make up the Vberth and the aft cabin. The tan vinyl will make up the settee, with some blue piping on the edges.

View attachment 248515

Wood: This piece of 1/4" Luan will be placed over the wall to the head. In the center there will be a map of the CT River area where the boat will be launched, slipped and spend most of it's time. There will be some trim and it should look clean when all is said and done.

View attachment 248516

Got some work done to the boat this weekend. After having a lot on my plate, and not getting over on the boat in what feels like 6 months or more, I expected the worst. Turns out the bilge was fairly dry, just a slight bit of water. The real pain was a lot of the interior carpet and wall covering was wet. Clearly the previous owner did a poor job of sealing it up, and instead of recaulking and doing things right, he simply caulked over the seams.

Took the hatches, and port hole windows out, including some other misc. pieces to start resealing it up. In the process we gutted out the headliner, wall material and reamining carpet! Scary site, but to me it looks like potential!!

Pardon the pcictures, they are from my phone.

CabinOverall1.jpg

Vberth1.jpg

Galley1.jpg

Sette1.jpg

The money isn't too bad actually. Its all materials now. $250 in carpet, another $100-150 for the headliner, maybe $250 for wood, $75 for flooring, maybe $100-150 for misc lighting etc... I have the foam, fabric, a good amount of wood etc... I just wish I had 4 of me, and didn't have to work, lol.

Justin putting it together isn't all that bad. When you rip a boat to its guts, it amazes you how truly simple they are!