Boat People

• Sponsors (?)

My summer toy,

Formula 272 w/ t 454's basic bolt-ons, 1500 watt stereo.

View attachment 227343

View attachment 227344

P4200139-1.jpg

View attachment 227346

I actually looked at a Scarab before buying this boat.

I have a love for speed, and love offshore boats. But for some reason I wanted a cruiser also, and between the two boats, this one worked out better (this one also had a trailer, the Wellcraft didn't).

To those non boat people, 50 on the water, is NOT 50 on the highway...

I actually looked at a Scarab before buying this boat.

I have a love for speed, and love offshore boats. But for some reason I wanted a cruiser also, and between the two boats, this one worked out better (this one also had a trailer, the Wellcraft didn't).

To those non boat people, 50 on the water, is NOT 50 on the highway...

i have a built Twin turbo 383 chebby powered lavey craft, ****er goes 110+, not a fun ride in a boat not meant for that power

did someone say boat?

here's my fully restored 1975 searay 18 foot boat. i just got it together last oct. and it pushed 53mph on the gps the first time out. i know it has 0mph in it with some prop tuning.

the engine is a fully prepped 306. it has a roller cam, roller rockers, ported gt-40 heads, ported manifolds, thru transom exhaust, 7 qt. canton pan with a crank scraper, ported intake, 10.5 to 1 compression and a holley 650.

it sounds wicked!

Small update. In an effort to turn around and get the boat water tight I have been working on scraping the okd caulk off the hatches. This turned out to be a lot more tedious than I thought. A previous owner had put caulk everywhere to try and seal them up, and I had to take it all off. It took two days of working a solid 4+ hours a day to get them ready to go back in. I sanded them up and painted them last night.

They should be going back in this evening, giving them a solid 24+ hours to cure before the rain gets here. I will also make sure to cover them after that, and let them cure for a bit longer.

After sanding:
HatchFrame1.jpg

One Coat:
HatchFrame2.jpg

Drying:
HatchFrame3.jpg