Body Guys. Watch This Madness

• Sponsors (?)

Very impressive!:eek:

Dog leg in a can there.

Honestly, that took real effort to accomplish that. Wow!

Putting in a new quarter and dog leg would have been easier.....just sayin':doh:

Reactions: 1 user
HOly CRAP!!!! Somebody spent some time sculpting that fine work of art! They put more than a gallon of filler on that quarter. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
That looks like a repair from the "BIG NAME CHAIN SHOPS" around here. I get at least a car a week come in for me to redo that's been butchered at one of those shops. One time I had an Acura come in for a trunk water leak that had been repaired at one of those shops. The shop it came from had replaced the rear body panel and as I was looking at the horrible seam sealer job I discovered there was not a single weld on it. They had just stuck the panel up there and ran sheet metal screws through it and sealed over the top of them.

That looks like a repair from the "BIG NAME CHAIN SHOPS" around here. I get at least a car a week come in for me to redo that's been butchered at one of those shops. One time I had an Acura come in for a trunk water leak that had been repaired at one of those shops. The shop it came from had replaced the rear body panel and as I was looking at the horrible seam sealer job I discovered there was not a single weld on it. They had just stuck the panel up there and ran sheet metal screws through it and sealed over the top of them.
Good old insurance work. Let's spend a dime and collect a hundred dollars.

Pass this body shop daily,that Camry has bondo sections like that on every corner lol
IMG_0981.JPG

That's a bodyman's saying.

Gravy work is just work that pays more than usual for the time it'll normally take to repair the damage. If the bondo has waves in it, they spent even less time on the repair than it needed and will get paid for it.

So, leaving it wavy (not straight) means less time was taken and the bodyman still claims the money for the full repair.

Following that, the painter either finishes the bodywork prior to painting, or sends it back to the bodyman to complete the repairs. Of course the third option is to just go ahead and primer it, block it with a da, and paint it with the waves and whatever else is screwed up in the repair.

That's a bodyman's saying.

Gravy work is just work that pays more than usual for the time it'll normally take to repair the damage. If the bondo has waves in it, they spent even less time on the repair than it needed and will get paid for it.

So, leaving it wavy (not straight) means less time was taken and the bodyman still claims the money for the full repair.

Following that, the painter either finishes the bodywork prior to painting, or sends it back to the bodyman to complete the repairs. Of course the third option is to just go ahead and primer it, block it with a da, and paint it with the waves and whatever else is screwed up in the repair.
I said that jokingly however sometimes that is true. I've always took pride in my work. I won't hesitate for a second to go block something for the painter after it's been primed just to make sure I know it's right. Those younger guys now that's a different story.