BottleFed70's custome EFI conversion writeup - Part6

DK832 said:
As ever: :nice: :hail2:
Do you collect the 6 "installments" in one Word or PDF file, possibly? Would make it possible to download and print much more easily. Your writeup will be VERY valuable come winter and my MS EFI / nitrous project. At this time plans are centered on Trick Flow R manifold and NOS Fogger 200HP.

:SNSign:

Yes I do, and I'll try to send it to you if you'd like. Problem is that it's getting up to 90Mb with all the pics.

• Sponsors (?)

68keyblr said:
Great writeup. I'm going to build a 393 with MegaSquirt as my next major project.

It seems like it would be really useful to have a passenger with laptop to help tune along with a G-Tech Pro in order to use numbers instead of "Seat of the Pants" to tune. Was wondering if you've ever tried that?

I don't have a G-tech but I have had my fiance drive the car while I tune. Datalogging is also a great tuning tool, I can review the trip afterwords and see where the mixture goes lean/rich. Not so easy with spark tho as you can't datalog pinging or HP increases/decreases.

BottleFed70 said:
Sure. But how do I get the word file to you? Will your email accept a 90Mb attachment?

What you can do is compress it with a program like winzip or winrar and split it into multiple archives of 10mb each. Compressing it wont do much good because I'd imagine a lot of the space is being used up by the pictures, but it will allow you to cut it into 9 parts that can be put back together on the other side later =) I'd recomend winrar for this. You can download a free version from www.rarlabs.com.

And I have to say, this is a great write up just like all the previous ones.

This same thing could be done with the megasquirt ECU with a MSD magnetic distributor and ignition box could it not ? I've been interesting in computer controlled timing without EFI for my 67 and this would provably be perfect.

Its taking me a while to convert it into a web page as I have been busy with work. For the mean time feel free to download the comressed original if you like.

Be warned though as it is 50mb and bigger once uncompressed.

You will need winRAR or similar to open it:
click here

If you want to view it in web page format (which is much much smaller to download), the first 2 sections are available here. I will post up the large pictures once I am done with the rest of the document. My apologies for the formatting. It is still a work in progress.

Thanks again bottlefed70 for sharing this work with us.

C0V3R said:
I've finally finished converting the document. Its now all posted up online with big pictures.

Still some formatting and editing to go but all the meaty stuff is up online.

http://www.302w.com/Windsor_MegaSquirt_Introduction.aspx

Looks great COV3R, Thank-you.

Only problem I noticed is that at the end of part 4 and start of part 5 the pictures somehow get out of phase with the text. I think 1 of the pictures got missed which threw things for a loop.

Reactions: 1 user
I've fixed up the pictures I think. I will double check later. - I dropped one off and added a couple where there shouldnt have been any - I'll upload all of the changes when I get home.

If you (or anyone else) write any other articles I'm happy to post them up as well.

Great job putting it on 302w.com!

Forcefed70, or whatever you are going by these days: While the writeup is awesome, Have you posted your program anywhere as a baseline for others with similar hardware?

I am planning a Carb. to EFI 351w Bronco conversion, and I think your tune would make my tuning MUCH easier for a closer baseline than I could otherwise get.

I understand my camshaft will throw things off a bit, but I doubt your setting would be farther off than starting with no programming.

It would save me, and probably other users of the Megasquirt, a day or more on their 351w EFI upgrades.

I know it's been a number of years... Is there an update?

As the system has aged, if you still have it since 2006?, what have you had to do and what has failed - if anything?

Thanks for your help,
Eric