Brake Fluid Resevoir Relocation

Apr 24, 2014
Has anyone relocated their brake fluid resevoir off of the master cylinder? If so where and how did you do it? I need it moved so my turbo down pipe wont melt the plastic housing. Any adice and pictures would be great

• Sponsors (?)

If it s that close, your turbo will probably cause the brake fluid to boil, depriving you of brakes. At best your brakes will be unreliable and the master cylinder will have a short life.

Its up high becuase thats just how the kit was designed. My truck has a turbo with a downpipe on the master cylinder and had no issue with it for 8 years, i just insulated everything very well which i plan on doing here, i found a temporary way for now but want to find something better, im using volkswagen 45 degree insert fittings on the resevoir and master cylinder but just kind of looks wierd, just got done with it actually

I gave it an honest 10 min of searching. Not sure how it could be done with a factory style MC. Issue is connection to the Mc. Could probably drill/tap and install s pair of 90* hose barbs but then you'd need to tee and plumb to a reseviour that is higher. Not many places to put that other than 3-4" away.

I gave it an honest 10 min of searching. Not sure how it could be done with a factory style MC. Issue is connection to the Mc. Could probably drill/tap and install s pair of 90* hose barbs but then you'd need to tee and plumb to a reseviour that is higher. Not many places to put that other than 3-4" away.
Yeah i thought about tapping it but the problem with that is that the wells on the master cylinder are not deep enough, you eould only be able to get 2 threads on the tap.. ill post pictures of how i jerry rigged it up in two weeks, im about 130miles away from the car now, i used a 3/8 barbed 45 degree in the gromet which actually holds and seals, then on the larger port i put a rubber gromet inside the factory gromet then used a volkswagen 45 fitting off of a 64 bug master cylinder to drop the height down for it to flow, it all sealed and holds. Just is not very eye appealing. I will post pics February 9th