Brake Pads

• Sponsors (?)

I like the smoothness of Ceramics. They don't eat through your rotors as much either. I think they dust a little more than Semi-metallics, but the dust is less corrosive on the wheels. The best way to keep the dust down is to make sure the wheel beatings are good so the rotor doesn't walk in and out, the rotor isn't warped, and the caliper pins are well lubed.

Kurt

I like the smoothness of Ceramics. They don't eat through your rotors as much either. I think they dust a little more than Semi-metallics, but the dust is less corrosive on the wheels. The best way to keep the dust down is to make sure the wheel beatings are good so the rotor doesn't walk in and out, the rotor isn't warped, and the caliper pins are well lubed.

Kurt
Thanks man

very low dust. I have em on my stang and my daily driver Volvo as well

98S70T5M.jpg

the best upgrade for the money for a 4 lug fox brake system IMO. Used it on 3 cars and just bought it again for my current ride. Makes a world of difference.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...product_info&cPath=49_136_141&products_id=676

Reduce your Mustang's stopping distance by up to 15 percent! This MM Brake Upgrade Package is the next best thing to a rear disc brake conversion, at a more affordable price.

This upgrade package includes

Hawk brake pads (HB-263 HPS)
MM High Performance Rear Shoes
MM Stainless Steel Caliper Sleeves
MM 3-piece Stainless Steel Brake Hose kit

Reactions: 1 user
I bought the same package from Steeda way back in the day. Works excellent. You have to file the sleeves to make them fit on the pins, but it doesn't take much time at all. Totally agree, that is an excellent upgrade.

Kurt

I bought the same package from Steeda way back in the day. Works excellent. You have to file the sleeves to make them fit on the pins, but it doesn't take much time at all. Totally agree, that is an excellent upgrade.

Kurt

File the SS caliper sleeves? I've simply sprayed them with WD40 and tapped them into the caliper with a hammer and then used a C clamp.

That causes them to bind. You are supposed to file them until they slide easily. The whole point of putting the SS sleeves in is to have the caliper pin float freely with no wiggle. If you don't file them, you are going to get a lot of brake dust.

Kurt

That causes them to bind. You are supposed to file them until they slide easily. The whole point of putting the SS sleeves in is to have the caliper pin float freely with no wiggle. If you don't file them, you are going to get a lot of brake dust.

Kurt

Never had them bind on 3 cars. I lube up the pins and they slide fine. Keep a good wax or Zoop seal on the rims and the dust is no problem.

http://www allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2343.shtml
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0710_1990_ford_mustang_maximum_motorsports_brake_kit/

Last edited:
When I did it, one of the 4 pins slid right in, the other 3 needed filing. On the other car I did, all 4 needed filing. Takes a matter of minutes. It's not that big of a deal.

Kurt

When I did it, one of the 4 pins slid right in, the other 3 needed filing. On the other car I did, all 4 needed filing. Takes a matter of minutes. It's not that big of a deal.

Kurt

I just drilled out the SS calipers a little on one car so the pins slid out easier... I'd rather have the pin slide than the caliper sleeve as that could lead to the caliper rattling.